Re: truth

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 9, 2004
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "texasbg2000"
      > > can

      What
      > > is

      > > > Yo Sri Bobby G,
      > > > Actually, the initial statement..."The truth is...there is no
      Truth.
      > > > And that's the Truth!" seems to be a semi-typical Sufi device
      that
      > > > presents both sides of a concept in a way that negates the
      validity
      > > > of either view. This presents the opportunity to cease further
      > > mental
      > > > chattering about the subject, and opens the door to the
      possibility
      > > > of direct experience of the subject/concept that words, be they
      > > ones
      > > > of "Truth" or of "Untruth", can only point to.
      > > > And that may or may not be the Truth:-)
      > > > Peace and blessings,
      > > > Bob
      > >
      > > just chattering Bob.
      > >
      > > The old message board is a little dry these days.
      > >
      > > If there is no justice there is no need for truth. That is
      probably
      > > not true. Or is it?
      > >
      > > Love
      > > Bobby G.
      >
      > Hi Bobby GJi,
      > I'm watching many seeming injustices play out right now in my so
      > called "real life". Such as the death at 51 of one of my closest
      > friends 3 weeks ago, my mother deteriating into dementia to the
      degree
      > that yesterday she had to be moved from her assisted living
      apartment
      > into the nursing section of her facility, another good friend in
      > heavy-duty treatment for severe thyroid problems, and my sister
      > getting post surgery chemo for cancer. And all of these people are
      > saints as far as I know, and have only been helpful and righteous
      > their whole life. And I sit witnessing the drama play out, and know
      > that Saadam and other so called "bad guys" are healthy right this
      Now.
      > And I discriminate between the finite and the infinite, and put
      aside
      > judgements, comparisons, and other intellectual ramblings, without
      any
      > more reactivity to emotional swings and physical sensations than as
      if
      > watching a TV show. The Big She/He in the Sky is using my eyes to
      see,
      > my ears to hear, my body to touch, my tongue to taste, and my nose
      > smell this local environment, and my spirit to know the infinite.
      And
      > my blessing is to be able to go along for the ride. And I know there
      > is no "me" that is in any way a part of of the drama nor apart from
      > any of it. I know I know nothing of any Truth and am aware of the
      > reality of "Thy will be done". But yet, something within has a "gut
      > feeling" that because there is no justice, the Truth is that
      > .......how do buddhists put it??? ... something like ... "Until all
      > sentient beings have reached enlightenment, I will continue to do
      what
      > I can to be a vehicle for easing suffering and spreading ... uh...
      the
      > "Truth"
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

      Well said Sri Bob. I feel pretty accepting myself most of the time.
      My sister that raised me has cancer and is in bad shape but it
      seems 'over there' somewhere.

      And the odd thing is that I get emotional and cry for no reason at
      all. Everything just gets sad all of a sudden. A little bit of
      music or a picture or a memory and I am set off. So that is a bit
      odd.

      Finding out the truth is a good step to spreading it. Meditation is
      one thing we can do.

      Hesse's character, Sidhartha said he could meditate and wait. Two
      talents. You might say they are the same thing.
      Ramblin a little
      Love
      Bobby G.