truth

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 9, 2004
      If the truth is defined as that which does not change, then how can a
      thought be considered the truth.

      Misconception and accurate cognition are better designations for
      thoughts. Accurate cognition is referred to as the truth. What is
      wrong with that?

      Is it really so profound to confound the two meanings of the
      word 'truth', and call that the truth?

      Moralists consistantly use this confusion to justify their own
      misconceptions, and blind the reason of others.

      love
      Bobby G.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 9, 2004
        <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > If the truth is defined as that which does not change, then how can
        > thought be considered the truth.
        >
        > Misconception and accurate cognition are better designations for
        > thoughts. Accurate cognition is referred to as the truth. What is
        > wrong with that?
        >
        > Is it really so profound to confound the two meanings of the
        > word 'truth', and call that the truth?
        >
        > Moralists consistantly use this confusion to justify their own
        > misconceptions, and blind the reason of others.
        >
        > love
        > Bobby G.

        Yo Sri Bobby G,
        Actually, the initial statement..."The truth is...there is no Truth.
        And that's the Truth!" seems to be a semi-typical Sufi device that
        presents both sides of a concept in a way that negates the validity
        of either view. This presents the opportunity to cease further mental
        chattering about the subject, and opens the door to the possibility
        of direct experience of the subject/concept that words, be they ones
        of "Truth" or of "Untruth", can only point to.
        And that may or may not be the Truth:-)
      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 9, 2004
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
          > > If the truth is defined as that which does not change, then how
          can
          > > thought be considered the truth.
          > >
          > > Misconception and accurate cognition are better designations for
          > > thoughts. Accurate cognition is referred to as the truth. What
          is
          > > wrong with that?
          > >
          > > Is it really so profound to confound the two meanings of the
          > > word 'truth', and call that the truth?
          > >
          > > Moralists consistantly use this confusion to justify their own
          > > misconceptions, and blind the reason of others.
          > >
          > > love
          > > Bobby G.
          >
          > Yo Sri Bobby G,
          > Actually, the initial statement..."The truth is...there is no Truth.
          > And that's the Truth!" seems to be a semi-typical Sufi device that
          > presents both sides of a concept in a way that negates the validity
          > of either view. This presents the opportunity to cease further
          mental
          > chattering about the subject, and opens the door to the possibility
          > of direct experience of the subject/concept that words, be they
          ones
          > of "Truth" or of "Untruth", can only point to.
          > And that may or may not be the Truth:-)
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

          just chattering Bob.

          The old message board is a little dry these days.

          If there is no justice there is no need for truth. That is probably
          not true. Or is it?

          Love
          Bobby G.
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 9, 2004
            <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "texasbg2000"
            > > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
            > > > If the truth is defined as that which does not change, then how
            > can
            > > > thought be considered the truth.
            > > >
            > > > Misconception and accurate cognition are better designations for
            > > > thoughts. Accurate cognition is referred to as the truth. What
            > is
            > > > wrong with that?
            > > >
            > > > Is it really so profound to confound the two meanings of the
            > > > word 'truth', and call that the truth?
            > > >
            > > > Moralists consistantly use this confusion to justify their own
            > > > misconceptions, and blind the reason of others.
            > > >
            > > > love
            > > > Bobby G.
            > >
            > > Yo Sri Bobby G,
            > > Actually, the initial statement..."The truth is...there is no Truth.
            > > And that's the Truth!" seems to be a semi-typical Sufi device that
            > > presents both sides of a concept in a way that negates the validity
            > > of either view. This presents the opportunity to cease further
            > mental
            > > chattering about the subject, and opens the door to the possibility
            > > of direct experience of the subject/concept that words, be they
            > ones
            > > of "Truth" or of "Untruth", can only point to.
            > > And that may or may not be the Truth:-)
            > > Peace and blessings,
            > > Bob
            >
            > just chattering Bob.
            >
            > The old message board is a little dry these days.
            >
            > If there is no justice there is no need for truth. That is probably
            > not true. Or is it?
            >
            > Love
            > Bobby G.

            Hi Bobby GJi,
            I'm watching many seeming injustices play out right now in my so
            called "real life". Such as the death at 51 of one of my closest
            friends 3 weeks ago, my mother deteriating into dementia to the degree
            that yesterday she had to be moved from her assisted living apartment
            into the nursing section of her facility, another good friend in
            heavy-duty treatment for severe thyroid problems, and my sister
            getting post surgery chemo for cancer. And all of these people are
            saints as far as I know, and have only been helpful and righteous
            their whole life. And I sit witnessing the drama play out, and know
            that Saadam and other so called "bad guys" are healthy right this Now.
            And I discriminate between the finite and the infinite, and put aside
            judgements, comparisons, and other intellectual ramblings, without any
            more reactivity to emotional swings and physical sensations than as if
            watching a TV show. The Big She/He in the Sky is using my eyes to see,
            my ears to hear, my body to touch, my tongue to taste, and my nose to
            smell this local environment, and my spirit to know the infinite. And
            my blessing is to be able to go along for the ride. And I know there
            is no "me" that is in any way a part of of the drama nor apart from
            any of it. I know I know nothing of any Truth and am aware of the
            reality of "Thy will be done". But yet, something within has a "gut
            feeling" that because there is no justice, the Truth is that
            .......how do buddhists put it??? ... something like ... "Until all
            sentient beings have reached enlightenment, I will continue to do what
            I can to be a vehicle for easing suffering and spreading ... uh... the
            "Truth"
          • texasbg2000
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 9, 2004
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
              > watching a TV show. The Big She/He in the Sky is using my eyes to
              see,
              > my ears to hear, my body to touch, my tongue to taste, and my nose
              > smell this local environment, and my spirit to know the infinite.
              And
              > my blessing is to be able to go along for the ride. And I know there
              > is no "me" that is in any way a part of of the drama nor apart from
              > any of it. I know I know nothing of any Truth and am aware of the
              > reality of "Thy will be done". But yet, something within has a "gut
              > feeling" that because there is no justice, the Truth is that
              > .......how do buddhists put it??? ... something like ... "Until all
              > sentient beings have reached enlightenment, I will continue to do
              what
              > I can to be a vehicle for easing suffering and spreading ... uh...

              Well said Sri Bob. I feel pretty accepting myself most of the time.
              My sister that raised me has cancer and is in bad shape but it
              seems 'over there' somewhere.

              And the odd thing is that I get emotional and cry for no reason at
              all. Everything just gets sad all of a sudden. A little bit of
              music or a picture or a memory and I am set off. So that is a bit
              odd.

              Finding out the truth is a good step to spreading it. Meditation is
              one thing we can do.

              Hesse's character, Sidhartha said he could meditate and wait. Two
              talents. You might say they are the same thing.
              Ramblin a little
              Love
              Bobby G.