RE: [Meditation Society of America] intro from Kellyna

  • Kellyna Kaleolani Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004
      I would like to introduce myself. I have been in the
      healing arts field for many years as an intuitive healer
      and meditation practitioner. Before that, I spent many
      years in Corporate America in the electronic field and
      decided I needed to follow my heart and soul calling.
      This calling led me on a deep inner journey of discovery.

      I believe that each of us can make a difference in a world
      filled with uncertainty and change. In the darkness of
      the times we live, sometimes it seems hopeless, filled
      with greed, lust, and hate crimes. But if we are willing
      to each do our own work, of taking responsibility for our
      lives with or thoughts, words, and actions, we can create
      peace in the world, one person at a time.

      I offer some free guided meditations on my website if you
      would like to take a break from all the noise and take
      a journey inside. Please go to www.9innerjewels.com.

      Many blessings on your path,

      From: medit8ionsociety

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 14:16:41 -0000
      From: medit8ionsociety
      Subject: The Yoga of Synthesis

      This is the featured article in the (always excellent) new Divya Jivan
      Newsletter. It is by Swami Sivananda. He was the guru to more
      Enlightened/Realized/Cosmic Conscious/whatever adjective you like,
      people than all of the other teachers in the past 100 years put
      together. For more information about the Divya Jivan organization:

      Yoga of Synthesis is suitable for the vast majority of persons. It is
      a unique Yoga.

      Man is a strange complex mixture of will, feeling and thought. He is a
      triune being. He is like a tricycle or a three-wheeled chariot. He
      wills to possess the objects of his desires. He has emotion; and so he
      feels. He has reason and so he thinks and ratiocinates. In some the
      emotional element may preponderate, while in some others the rational
      element may dominate. Just as will, feelings and thought are not
      distinct and separate, so also, work, devotion and knowledge are not
      exclusive of one another. He must, therefore develop his heart,
      intellect and hand. Then alone can he attain perfection. Many
      aspirants have lop-sided development. They do not possess an integral
      development, as they neglect one or the other of these aspects of
      their personality.

      One-sided development is not commendable. Religion and Yoga must
      educate and develop the whole man - his heart, intellect and hand.
      Then only he will have integral development.
      In the mind there are three defects, viz., Mala or impurity, Vikshepa
      or tossing, and Avarana or veil. The impurities of the mind should be
      removed by the practice of Karma Yoga, by selfless service. The
      tossing should be removed by worship or Upasana, by Japa and devotion.
      The veil should be torn down by the practice of Jnana Yoga, i.e., by
      study of Vedantic literature, enquiry, self-analysis, service to the
      Guru, and deep meditation. Only then Self-realization is possible.

      If you want to see your face clearly in a mirror, you must remove the
      dirt in the mirror, keep it steady, and remove the covering also. You
      can see your face clearly in the bottom of a lake only if the
      turbidity is removed, if the water that is agitated by the wind is
      rendered still, and if the moss that is lying on the surface is
      removed. Even so is the case with Self-realization.

      Action, emotion and intelligence are the three horses that are linked
      to this body-chariot. They should work in perfect harmony or unison.
      Then only the chariot will run smoothly. There must be integral
      development. You must have the head of Sankara, the heart of Buddha,
      and the hand of Janaka.

      The Yoga of Synthesis alone will develop the head, heart and hand, and
      lead one to perfection. To become harmoniously balanced in all
      directions is the ideal of religion and of Yoga. This can be achieved
      by the practice of the Yoga of Synthesis.
      To behold the one Self in all beings is Jnana, wisdom; to love the
      Self is Bhakti, devotion; to serve the Self is Karma, action. When the
      Jnana Yogi attains wisdom, he is endowed with devotion and self less
      activity. Karma Yoga is for him a spontaneous expression of his
      spiritual nature, as he sees the one Self in all. When the devotee
      attains perfection in devotion, he is possessed of wisdom and
      activity. For him also, Karma Yoga is a spontaneous expression of his
      divine nature, as he beholds the one Lord everywhere. The Karma Yogi
      attains wisdom and devotion when his actions are wholly selfless. The
      three paths are, in fact, one in which the three different
      temperaments emphasize one or the other of its inseparable
      constituents. Yoga supplies the method by which the Self can be seen,
      loved and served.

      Hence everyone should have one Yoga as the basic Yoga and combine
      other Yogas. You can combine Nishkama Karma Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Raja
      Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Sankirtan Yoga, etc., with Jnana Yoga as the basis.
      This is my Yoga of Synthesis, which will ensure rapid spiritual progress.

      A little practice of Hatha Yoga (Asanas and Pranayamas) will give you
      good health. Raja Yoga will steady your mind. Upasana and Karma Yoga
      will purify your heart and prepare you for the practice of Vedanta.
      Sankirtan will relax your mind and inspire you. Meditation will take
      you to liberation.

      Such a Yogi has all-round development. The Yoga of Synthesis will help
      you to attain God-realization quickly. Upanishads, Gita and all other
      scriptures speak of this Yoga. Therefore, O Mokshapriya, practice this
      unique Yoga of Synthesis and attain Self-realization quickly.

      Here is my little song of the Yoga of Synthesis, for your daily practice:

      Eat a little, drink a little
      Talk a little, sleep a little
      Mix a little, move a little
      Serve a little, rest a little
      Work a little, relax a little
      Study a little, worship a little
      Do Asana a little, Pranayama a little
      Reflect a little, meditate a little
      Do Japa a little, do Kirtan a little
      Write Mantra a little, have Satsang a little
      Serve, Love, Give, Purify, Meditate, Realize
      Be good, Do good; Be kind, Be compassionate
      Enquire 'Who am I ?', Know the Self and be Free

      Yahoo! Groups Links