Sufi Numbers and Letters

    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2004
      For much more Sufi insight:
      http://www.nurmuhammad.com/index.html
      From an email we received from them yesterday:

      Secrets of "Dal","4" ,The Kabbah,Circles & Creation

      Ilm Huroof Series, Secrets of Letters and Numbers

      Abjad Table

      Asma Husna with Asma Rasul {s}

      The secrets of DAL - * Secrets of The Number 4

      The Arabic letter Dal () has no equivalent sounding letter in the
      English alphabet. The nearest sound is TH in the word THE.

      *

      The position of the letter Dal ( ) in the Abjad, has the value of 4.
      *

      In the normal Arabic character set, Dal is the 8th letter.

      Holy Quran 8:4 Such in truth are the believers (Muminoon): they
      have grades of dignity with their Rabb (Lord) and forgiveness and
      generous sustenance.

      [Quran: Al-Anfal Chapter 8]

      This article is about the spiritual meaning of the letter Dal ( ).

      INTRODUCTION

      The letter Dal () is not one of the letters in the verse Bismillah.
      Neither is it one of the Muqattaat (abbreviated) letters used in the
      opening of certain chapters in the Quran.

      The letter Dal () comes first in the Attribute of Allah, which is
      Daiem - The One Who Exists Forever. {Eternally Allah and Eternally
      Muhammad Rasul Allah}

      *

      In the name Muhammad , it comes last.
      *

      Whereas the letter Meem () is the last letter in the Name Daiem
      and it is the first letter in the name Muhammad .
      *

      In the name Adam () the letter Dal () is the middle letter.
      *

      In the Abjad format, the letter Dal () is the fourth letter and
      given the value 4.
      *

      In the normal Arabic character set it is the 8th letter. { 4
      Hold The Throne in Akhira , 8 on Judgment Day}

      THE LETTER DAL

      The Arabic letter Dal ( ) is the first letter in the Attribute Daiem,
      the last letter in the name Muhammad and the middle or centre letter
      of the name Adam.

      What is the significance of the letter Dal ( ) ? The letter Dal ( )
      represents a Dairah .

      A Dairah is a circle.

      Everything in existence is made of circles.

      The sun, the moon, the planets, and the stars are circular.

      They are all round.

      The orbits, of the planets, the orbits of the galaxies are all
      Dairahs, circles.

      If we look at the atoms, they are also circular.

      If we further look at our lives, our patterns of existence, they are
      all circular. And also, we come from Allah and to Allah is our return.

      Even this is a complete Dairah or circle or revolution for us.

      DAIRAH (CIRCLE of Creation)

      A Dairah is a circle. A circle consists of 360 degrees.

      First, what are degrees?

      In Arabic they are Darajat or Ranks.

      Even in spiritual circles there are 360 degrees or ranks.

      Darajat (degrees) are grades. Darajat are ranks.

      In Dunya you come as a "4 " seek Ya [Knowledge] then you will be
      inheriting from the 4x10= 40's The Muhammadan Representatives
      [Meem=40]. The Shaykhs of Tariqa "40"

      There are "9" Sultan alDhikr Awliya "9" In Fusion X "40" = "360"
      [Circle of Creation]

      These "9" are The Most powerful Mem's they expanded [ Mem- Expands to
      M =40 , Ya=10, M=40- "90" or Sad ]

      They reached Higher Levels and are the Meem Who are Sad= 90 or the
      Great Siddiq's of which they are "4" X "90" = "360"

      Known as 1)Sayedena Abu Bakr, 2)Sayedena Omar, 3)Sayedena Othman and
      4) Sayedena Ali (Ra). "4" Valves of the Heart , "4" Corners of Kabba,
      "4" Arc Angels, "4" Eternal Forces in the Atom, "4" Elements of all
      creation Earth Wind Water Fire,

      *

      Why is it 360 degrees or grades or ranks?
      *

      Why not 300 degrees or 400 degrees?
      *

      Since 360 is nearer to 400 than it is to 300, there is something
      interesting about that!
      *

      360 is 40 less than 400
      *

      can we say it is Meem () less than 400?
      *

      In other words, Has the numerical value of Meem been multiplied
      10 times (40 x 10 = 400) and then the value of ONE Meem been taken
      away (400 - 40) to arrive at 360?
      *

      Since the numerical value of the letter Meem () is 40.
      *

      The other interesting point about all this is that the numerical
      value of the letter Meem () is 10 times the numerical value of the
      letter Dal ( ).

      Where did the letter Meem come into all this?

      *

      There are 40 Maqaams (stations) in the spiritual journey.
      *

      And what is the spiritual journey? It is the search for Allah in
      this world.
      *

      That is what Musa () went through on the Mount Tur for 40 (Meem)
      days.
      *

      That is why the letter Meem () Meem Has "The ROPE of Allah" for
      you to Hold. Means Hold Tight To Sayedena Muhammad {s}. Holy Quran
      3:103. And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches
      out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with
      gratitude Allah.s favour. or 40 comes from in this case.
      *

      Like it or not, there is no avenue open without the letter Meem ().
      *

      More will be said about the missing 40 Darajat or ranks at the
      end of this article...

      Coming back to the Dairah (circle), as the number of degrees in a
      circle (360) are 40 less than 400, let us take Meem, or 40, as our
      starting point.

      If we divide 360 by 40:

      *

      360 divided by 40 = 9
      *

      we get a perfect 9 without any remainder or fraction.
      *

      Or looking at it another way
      *

      40 x 9 = 360 degrees in a circle.{ 40 Golden Chain Shaykhs in
      Fusion X The 9 Sultan Dhikr Shaykh = 360 }
      *

      We took a circle 360, divided it by 40 and ended with 9.
      *

      The letter with the numerical value of 9 is Toin ().

      We have the STARTING letter Meem () and the ENDING letter Toin ().
      EXISTENCE

      *

      Everything we see in this world is a living thing.
      *

      Everything is created out of atoms. {or a DOT under the BA}
      *

      Whether it is an animal, plant or even a stone.
      *

      Each thing is created out of atoms.
      *

      Every atom has electrons circulating the nucleus. The only
      difference is the bonding energy between the atoms. We can pinch and
      deform the human skin. Pinching a stone has no marked effect.
      Nevertheless, everything with electrons has the gift of life from Allah.
      *

      This gift comes from the Attribute Hayy from Allah. Hayy is
      spelt Ha =8 () and Ya=10()=18 . This gift from Allah is IN everything.
      Only, we do not perceive it.

      THE LIMITED

      *

      If we now place this Attribute IN the middle of Meem () and Toin
      () we arrive at Muheet .
      *

      The One who Encompasses everything. { The Universal Being}
      *

      The One who surrounds everything.
      *

      The One who gives life to everything. This is an analogy.
      *

      All created things are limited. Dairahs.
      *

      Circles. Allah on the other hand is Unlimited. Everything is
      within His grasp or His control. There is no escape for anyone or
      anything from Allah.

      54 Indeed! are they in doubt concerning the Meeting with their Rabb
      (Lord)? Indeed! it is He that does encompass all things!

      [Quran: Ha Meem Chapter 41]

      *

      Dairahs, circles are limitations. { Allah can not be found
      inside a Circle, Allah Owns the Circle but His RasulALLAH is inside
      the Circle repeating Him}
      *

      The limitation is not just our physical size.
      *

      This limitation is also our earthly lifespan.
      *

      This limitation is also our mental aptitude. This limitation is
      existence with respect to time and place. Everything is limited in
      every way possible.
      *

      Only Allah is Unlimited. What about The Unlimited?

      THE UNLIMITED

      Allah on the other hand is not limited by physical size. Direction
      does not apply to Allah. Allah is not limited by time or place or
      condition. None of these can be applied to Allah. He is `above' all
      these. By `above' it is implied that Allah is not restricted in any
      way or condition or circumstance or time or place. Since Allah is
      beyond a Dairah how do we understand Him?

      If we go back to the Dairah (circle), we again have 360 Darajat (or
      degrees). Divide that by the numerical value of the letter Dal ( )
      which has the numerical value 4. Since the word Dairah starts with the
      letter Dal ( ).

      360 divided by 4 = "90"

      *

      The result above is 90 which is the numerical value of the
      letter Saad ()Siddiqiun
      *

      Importance of 4= 4 Caliphs , 4 Arch Angels, 4 Valves on Heart, 4
      Corners of Kaaba 4 letters Allh 4 letters MHMD, created from 4
      Elements, 4 Takbirs.
      *

      The letter Saad () when written as pronounced gives us the WORD:
      *

      Saad ( ). We started with letter Dal ( ) and we ended up with
      the letter Dal ( ) in the word Saad .
      *

      There is a clue here.
      *

      The Attribute Daiem starts with the letter Dal ( ). and name
      Muhammad ends with the letter Dal ( ).
      *

      Since we are looking for CIRCULAR patterns, Daiem ends {Akhira
      is a Mirror} with the letter Meem () and the name Muhammad begins with
      the letter Meem (). Remember? There is no avenue open without Meem ()! S
      *

      Since the letter Dal ( ) and the letter Meem () are either at
      the beginning or the end in the names Daiem and Muhammad .

      We have just derived the letter Saad () .

      *

      The letter Dal ( ) was the starting point to arrive at the
      letter Saad () .
      *

      Therefore, let us replace the letter Alif ( ) in the word Saad (
      ) with the letter Meem ().
      *

      We arrive at the word Samad ( ).
      *

      This Attribute, Samad means Eternal.
      *

      Without beginning without end.
      *

      Without any limitation. This is the Gift from Allah to the Souls
      of Creation Ever Living All Hearing All Seeing Sustence only from
      Allah, Sub Atomic Energy in you or Soul or Quantum Physics the
      property of Light is Timeless.
      *

      Alternative, since Allah is Muheet the One who surrounds, let us
      replace the letter Alif ( ) in the word Saad ( ) with the first letter
      of Muheet - Meem ( ).
      *

      Again we arrive at Allah's Attribute Samad. The One who is not
      limited by time or place or condition. We started with a limitation
      and arrived at the Unlimited.{ Alif Gift to Muhammadan Reality is the
      Power of the Soul,

      Muhammad {s} Creation = Ha -Al-Hayat, Meem-Muheet , Dal- Daiem - =
      "H" "M" "D"

      Then Allah Dressing Rasul with "Alif ". AHMD.

      Alif is Secret of the Essence it is a Divine Dress. This allows the
      The Soul / Light to be all "Hearing" all "Seeing" These are essential
      requirements to manage Allahs Gift of Creation to Sayedena Muhammad {s}

      2 ALLAH HUS SAMAD

      [Quran: Ikhlas Chapter 112]

      DUNYA (WORLD)

      *

      Dunya , the world, our world is made up of four general elements.
      *

      The numerical value of the letter Dal ( ) is also 4.
      *

      These elements are Fire, Earth, Water and Air.
      *

      These four general elements are derived from the combination of
      the rest of the elements that are in existence in this world .
      *

      The Earth that we live on, rotates around its own axis one
      complete revolution per day.
      *

      This one complete revolution per day of the Earth (which is also
      a Dairah ) a Dairah takes 24 hours. {MEEM 24th letter in dunya
      arangement, Rasul is Time}
      *

      To determine the time taken by the Earth to turn just one degree
      on its axis is: 24 / 360

      *

      24 hours DIVIDED BY 360 = 0.0666666666666666666666 RECURRING TO
      INFINITY!

      *

      If we convert this into minutes: (24 X 60) / 360 = 4

      *

      24 hours MULTIPLIED BY 60 minutes DIVIDED BY 360 degrees = 4
      minutes.
      *

      For the Earth to revolve 1 degree on its own axis is 4 minutes
      which is the numerical value of the letter Dal ( ). So, what is this
      place called Dunya?

      Dunya is basically a place of limitations.

      *

      Dunya is where everything is a Dairah (Dal - ).
      *

      It is a place where we must seek the Noor or Light (Noon - )
      *

      of the Knowledge (Ya - )
      *

      before returning to Allah (Alif - )
      *

      in the Akhirah (afterlife). How do we find this Light?

      201 And there are men who say: "Rabbana (Our Lord)! give us good in
      this world and good in the Hereafter and defend us from the torment of
      the fire!"

      [Quran: Al Baqara Chapter 2]

      DEEN

      The Light is Deen . Deen is religion.

      *

      Our religion is Islam. Deen (religion) and Dunya (world) are
      inter related.
      *

      Deen takes precedence over Dunya when we have already arrived in
      this Dunya (world).
      *

      Dunya is the place to practice Deen.
      *

      Deen is a circle as well.
      *

      We have to repeat the same patterns per day, per month, per year.
      *

      And the Islamic months and years are based on the circular
      patterns of the Moon.
      *

      The word Deen is basically following the Dairah (Dal - ), Circle
      or pattern .
      *

      Learning the knowledge (Ya - ) and
      *

      following the Light (Noon - ). In our case, the Light is Quran
      and Sunnah. And we have inherited the Light which is the Quran and the
      Sunnah from the Last Nabee (Messenger) Muhammad . Darood (Blessings)
      and Salaam (peace) on Muhammad .

      DAROOD

      The word Darood starts with the letter Dal ( ) and ends with the
      letter Dal ( ).

      *

      What is Darood? Darood is sending Blessings on Muhammad .
      *

      There are many different Darood. Each one is precious in its own
      right.
      *

      Saying the Darood brings Allah's pleasure on the one who is
      sending blessings on Allah's Beloved. Saying the Darood brings
      assistance from Allah in times of need.
      *

      Saying the Darood brings the vision of Muhammad in a dream. And
      whoever has seen Muhammad in a dream, has really seen him. Shaytan
      (Satan) cannot take the form of Muhammad .

      Whenever we do Zikr (meditation with the Name or Attribute of) Allah,
      we are advised by all pious people to start with Darood. At the end of
      Zikr Allah, Darood should be recited once again. Why? Why not just at
      the beginning or just the end?

      Simple. We have to complete a circle. We have to form a Dairah. Not in
      the physical sense, but in the spiritual sense. How can that be true?
      Look at the Tasbih, or rosary or 'worry beads'. Do we not start at one
      end and complete a full circle? Even while we are doing Zikr Allah, we
      are forming circles. The Zikr Allah forms a Dairah ('ring') around the
      one doing Zikr. Shaytan (Satan) is kept outside this Dairah (circle).

      DARAJAT (RANKS)

      Going back to the Darajat, degrees or ranks.

      *

      What are these Darajat? If we go back to the position of the
      letter Dal ( ) in the normal Arabic character set, it is 8.
      *

      Therefore let us look at Chapter 8 in the Quran and pick verse 4
      for the numerical value of the letter Dal ( ) is 4. We find...

      4 Such in truth are the believers (Muminoon): they have grades of
      dignity with their Rabb (Lord) and forgiveness and generous sustenance.

      [Quran: Al-Anfal Chapter 8]

      *

      From this verse, it can be seen, that the believers have
      different grades before Allah.
      *

      Not all believers have the same grade.
      *

      The believers can be categorised in one of the 360 Darajat or
      degrees or ranks.
      *

      Earlier on we did find that 360 was 40 or Meem () short of 400.
      *

      Why are there only 360 degrees and not 400?
      *

      The answer to this puzzle is in Chapter 40 of the Quran Majeed
      because we are Meem (- 40) less than 400.
      *

      Or to look at it at another way if we increase the numerical
      value of the letter Dal ( ) tenfold we have 4 x 10YA = 40. You could
      say, we have Magnified the value by 10 which is the numerical value of
      the letter Ya - , which represents Knowledge.

      Or to look at it in yet another way, the word Muminoon is used in the
      above verse instead of Muslimon. There is no chapter with the name
      Muslim in the Quran! Furthermore, anyone who accepts the Message LA
      ILAHA ILL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASOOL ALLAH is a Muslim. Mu'min on the
      other hand is a Muslim whose belief or faith (Iman) is superior or
      unshakeable. Therefore the answer is in Chapter 40 which is named Muumin.

      15 Rafi ud Darajat (The Exalter of Ranks), the Lord of the Throne. He
      casts the Spirit of His command upon whom He will of His servants,
      that He may warn of the Day of Meeting

      [Quran: Al-Mu_min Chapter 40]

      From here it can be seen why there are only 360 Darajat and not 400.

      *

      The missing 40 have been reserved for Muhammad .
      *

      Allah and the angels shower blessings on the Nabee (Muhammad ).
      *

      Allah the Creator is Rafi ud Darajat (The Exalter of Ranks) and
      the Highest Rank or Darajat that He has created and Exalted is
      *

      Insan ul Kamil (the Perfect Man).
      *

      Muhammad is the INSAN UL KAMIL - The Perfect Man.
      *

      No one attained that position before him. And no one will attain
      that position after him.

      But... where did 360 Degrees or Ranks or Darajat come from in the
      first place?

      360 DARAJAT

      Where did the 360 degrees or Darajat come from?

      *

      How was it decided to have 360 degrees or ranks?
      *

      We need to rephrase the last question and ask ourselves: "WHO
      decided it should be 360 degrees?

      The answer to the last question is: ALLAH decided it should be 360
      degrees and not 400.

      *

      " He taught Adam all the names "
      *

      Allah wanted to reserve the 40 for His Beloved, our Master,
      Muhammad .

      Well, the last verse from the Quran:

      15 Rafi ud Darajat (The Exalter of Ranks), the Lord of the Throne. He
      casts the Spirit of His command upon whom He will of His servants,
      that He may warn of the Day of Meeting

      [Quran: Al-Mu_min Chapter 40]

      clearly confirms there are 360 degrees, ranks, grades or Darajat.

      Where? How?

      The Attribute RAFI is the answer!

      Letter Ra - = 200
      Letter Fa - = 80
      Letter Ya - = 10
      Letter Ayn - = 70

      Add the numerical values of the above letters of the Attribute RAFI we
      have:

      200 + 80 + 10 + 70 = 360.

      In a previous section of this article we looked at how our Earth
      rotates 1 degree in 4 minutes.

      *

      If we divide 360 degrees with the above verse number we have:
      *

      360 divided by 15 = 24.
      *

      We come back to the 24 hours in a day. The time taken by the
      Earth to revolve 360 degrees on its own axis.

      Only Allah Knows Best.

      Al Hamdu Lillah Rabbil Alameen. All praise is for God, the Rabb of the
      worlds. Blessings on Muhammad , his family, and his companions. Allah
      in His infinite Generosity has permitted me to write a little about
      each of the letters in the name of His Beloved Muhammad .

      Meem Part 1HaMeem Part 2Dal

      Allahumma accept this humble effort. Raise Sayyidina Muhammad to an
      even higher Darajat (Rank). Allahumma Bless Muhammad , his family, his
      household and his Companions. Allahumma bestow Your knowledge on us.
      Knowledge that will benefit your creation. Rabbi, You are Samee (All
      Hearing) un Baseer (All Seeing). Ameen.

      BY Khalid M. Malik Ghouri

      Darood (Blessings) and Salaam (Peace) on Muhammad, His Family, and His
      Companions

      ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADIN WA ALA ALI MUHAMMADIN KAMA SALLAITA ALA
      IBRAHEEMA WA ALA ALI IBRAHEEMA INNAKA HAMEEDUM MAJEED

      ALLAHUMMA BARIK ALA MUHAMMADIN WA ALA ALI MUHAMMADIN KAMA BARAKTA ALA
      IBRAHEEMA WA ALA ALI IBRAHEEMA INNAKA HAMEEDUM MAJEED

      |Home| |Nur Muhamma Secrets of Light Muhammad Reality Nur Ahmad|
      |Lataif of The Heart Sufi Meditation Muraqabah Chakras, colors and
      teachings of Lataif| |Secrets Naqshbandi Ancient Secrets of
      Naqshbandia SufiOrder| |Mystic Letters Numerology Abjad Table
      Muqataat ilm Huroof science of Numbers Letters| |Sufi Meditation
      Muraqabah| |News & Contact Us| |About Naqshbandi Sufi Way| |Internet
      Links| |Downloads Dalail Khairat & Devotionals|

      If Your Going to Copy Copyright@2003