What to Seek

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2004
      Fro the Weekly Words of Wisdom
      of H.H. Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

      "The message of all the great religions is to feel that Divine within
      which is peace and joy. Didn't the Bible say, 'Blessed are the pure in
      heart. They shall see God'? It is the same message that is found in
      almost all the scriptures. The Bhagavad Gita says, 'Samatwam Yoga
      ucchyate' which means 'Equanimity is Yoga.' The sage Patanjali says,
      'Yogaha chitta vritti nirodaha' or 'Yoga is the cessation of all the
      mental impressions.' Once you could accomplish that you would remain
      in your own true nature.

      What else do we need? If we have the inner peace and joy we have
      everything. If we do not have that, even though we have all the things
      of the world, we have nothing. You will not even know how to use those
      things.

      So let us seek that inner peace, inner joy, first."

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi

      www.swamisatchidananda.org