Re: Hi Im New....

    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "nicky_kamerer"
      <toocutecougar@c...> wrote:
      > Well i have just joined. I am thinking this is going to be my last
      > resort befor i go to a shrink. I have very bad mood swings. It only
      > happens To the people I love and Cherish the most. I think I am
      > HIghly stressed out and i have herd that Meditating helps relive
      > stress and helps you control your self in situations. I want to live
      > a happy peacefull life instead of an angry one. Can anyone help me
      > out with tecniques. Has anyone kind of had the same problems as me??
      > If so did it help at all. Please reply to this post.. I need help and
      > advise.
      > Nicky

      Dear Nicky,
      As a health care professional (Psych RN), I often laugh when I see
      that people consider psychiatrists as a last resort. This is because I
      have seen many people who have benefited greatly from seeing a
      "shrink". Just as physicians who work with patients with physical
      irregularities can be helpful, psychiatrists can often help can those
      dealing with emotional and mental problems. This has often been due to
      the medications they prescribe. Several meds have been proven to be
      able to aid very much with mood swings and similar disorders. So,
      please don't hesitate to consult with your primary doctor and get
      their opinion, and if it is to see a "shrink", it may very well be
      life-changing for the good if you do so. And in any event, I feel that
      there is no better thing that you can do for yourself than learn about
      and actually do meditation. Our web site has dozens of techniques with
      easy to follow "how to" instructions. I think if you will browse the
      Archive section it is likely that you will be drawn to a few, and if
      you actually try them, you will probably find one or two, or a few,
      that bring you to a state of inner peace, mental clarity, and a
      general sense of well-being. The web site is Meditation Station, and
      the URL is http://www.meditationsociety.com
      And if you have any questions, or want to share your experiences, this
      group will be a good place for that. I wish you well.
    • angelicspirit2000
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2004
        Hi Nicky,
        From Past experience you will find the peace you seek. It does not
        just happen. We are each capable of meditating and finding balance
        that alleviates stress. We hear how to get stress and unhappiness
        out of our lives by simplifying. Do not get entangled in the
        material, the spiritual is so much more rewarding. If I can do
        this, you can!
        TW