Hi Im New....

  • nicky_kamerer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3 11:39 AM
      Well i have just joined. I am thinking this is going to be my last
      resort befor i go to a shrink. I have very bad mood swings. It only
      happens To the people I love and Cherish the most. I think I am
      HIghly stressed out and i have herd that Meditating helps relive
      stress and helps you control your self in situations. I want to live
      a happy peacefull life instead of an angry one. Can anyone help me
      out with tecniques. Has anyone kind of had the same problems as me??
      If so did it help at all. Please reply to this post.. I need help and
      advise.
      Nicky
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3 5:52 PM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "nicky_kamerer"
        <toocutecougar@c...> wrote:
        > Well i have just joined. I am thinking this is going to be my last
        > resort befor i go to a shrink. I have very bad mood swings. It only
        > happens To the people I love and Cherish the most. I think I am
        > HIghly stressed out and i have herd that Meditating helps relive
        > stress and helps you control your self in situations. I want to live
        > a happy peacefull life instead of an angry one. Can anyone help me
        > out with tecniques. Has anyone kind of had the same problems as me??
        > If so did it help at all. Please reply to this post.. I need help and
        > advise.
        > Nicky

        Dear Nicky,
        As a health care professional (Psych RN), I often laugh when I see
        that people consider psychiatrists as a last resort. This is because I
        have seen many people who have benefited greatly from seeing a
        "shrink". Just as physicians who work with patients with physical
        irregularities can be helpful, psychiatrists can often help can those
        dealing with emotional and mental problems. This has often been due to
        the medications they prescribe. Several meds have been proven to be
        able to aid very much with mood swings and similar disorders. So,
        please don't hesitate to consult with your primary doctor and get
        their opinion, and if it is to see a "shrink", it may very well be
        life-changing for the good if you do so. And in any event, I feel that
        there is no better thing that you can do for yourself than learn about
        and actually do meditation. Our web site has dozens of techniques with
        easy to follow "how to" instructions. I think if you will browse the
        Archive section it is likely that you will be drawn to a few, and if
        you actually try them, you will probably find one or two, or a few,
        that bring you to a state of inner peace, mental clarity, and a
        general sense of well-being. The web site is Meditation Station, and
        the URL is http://www.meditationsociety.com
        And if you have any questions, or want to share your experiences, this
        group will be a good place for that. I wish you well.
      • angelicspirit2000
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6 9:26 AM
          Hi Nicky,
          From Past experience you will find the peace you seek. It does not
          just happen. We are each capable of meditating and finding balance
          that alleviates stress. We hear how to get stress and unhappiness
          out of our lives by simplifying. Do not get entangled in the
          material, the spiritual is so much more rewarding. If I can do
          this, you can!
          TW