Re: hello I am new here

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2004
      --- In
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "nathanielsmom2001"
      <nathanielsmom2001@y...> wrote:
      > I have been taking a meditation/yoga class for 7 weeks now and have
      > one class left. I have really enjoyed the meditation part and have
      > started reading lots by, Pema Chodron, Thich Naht Hanh, Kabot-zin,,
      > are there any others that I should read ? I am looking forward to
      > learning lots :)
      >
      > Sara

      Hi sara

      Good luck with the meditation. The books are ok, but for my money
      they can be a distraction too.

      Yoga is union. Yoga teaches yoga. Meditation leads to union.

      Love and welcome,
      Bobby G.
    • nathanielsmom2001
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2004
        Hello & thanks for the welcome!

        Tonight is my last meditation class, then I am on my own to do it. I
        find it very calming and did not think I would enjoy it, I was so
        wrong!! I love it!!

        <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > --- In
        > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "nathanielsmom2001"
        > <nathanielsmom2001@y...> wrote:
        > > I have been taking a meditation/yoga class for 7 weeks now and
        have
        > > one class left. I have really enjoyed the meditation part and
        have
        > > started reading lots by, Pema Chodron, Thich Naht Hanh, Kabot-
        zin,,
        > > are there any others that I should read ? I am looking forward to
        > > learning lots :)
        > >
        > > Sara
        >
        > Hi sara
        >
        > Good luck with the meditation. The books are ok, but for my money
        > they can be a distraction too.
        >
        > Yoga is union. Yoga teaches yoga. Meditation leads to union.
        >
        > Love and welcome,
        > Bobby G.
      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20, 2004
          --- In
          <nathanielsmom2001@y...> wrote:
          > Hello & thanks for the welcome!
          >
          > Tonight is my last meditation class, then I am on my own to do it.
          > find it very calming and did not think I would enjoy it, I was so
          > wrong!! I love it!!

          I find that when I dont meditate in the morning then sometime during
          he day I just go into it when the time is right.

          It is hard to go a whole day without just relaxing into a good
          meditative state. But it almost seems like an indulgence sometimes.

          Well treat your self, Sara, and so will I!
          Love
          Bobby G.