hello I am new here

  • nathanielsmom2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15 7:19 PM
      I have been taking a meditation/yoga class for 7 weeks now and have
      one class left. I have really enjoyed the meditation part and have
      started reading lots by, Pema Chodron, Thich Naht Hanh, Kabot-zin,,
      are there any others that I should read ? I am looking forward to
      learning lots :)

      Sara
    • texasbg2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19 7:37 AM
        --- In
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "nathanielsmom2001"
        <nathanielsmom2001@y...> wrote:
        > I have been taking a meditation/yoga class for 7 weeks now and have
        > one class left. I have really enjoyed the meditation part and have
        > started reading lots by, Pema Chodron, Thich Naht Hanh, Kabot-zin,,
        > are there any others that I should read ? I am looking forward to
        > learning lots :)
        >
        > Sara

        Hi sara

        Good luck with the meditation. The books are ok, but for my money
        they can be a distraction too.

        Yoga is union. Yoga teaches yoga. Meditation leads to union.

        Love and welcome,
        Bobby G.
      • nathanielsmom2001
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 19 4:00 PM
          Hello & thanks for the welcome!

          Tonight is my last meditation class, then I am on my own to do it. I
          find it very calming and did not think I would enjoy it, I was so
          wrong!! I love it!!

          <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
          > --- In
          > meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "nathanielsmom2001"
          > <nathanielsmom2001@y...> wrote:
          > > I have been taking a meditation/yoga class for 7 weeks now and
          have
          > > one class left. I have really enjoyed the meditation part and
          have
          > > started reading lots by, Pema Chodron, Thich Naht Hanh, Kabot-
          zin,,
          > > are there any others that I should read ? I am looking forward to
          > > learning lots :)
          > >
          > > Sara
          >
          > Hi sara
          >
          > Good luck with the meditation. The books are ok, but for my money
          > they can be a distraction too.
          >
          > Yoga is union. Yoga teaches yoga. Meditation leads to union.
          >
          > Love and welcome,
          > Bobby G.
        • texasbg2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20 8:24 AM
            <nathanielsmom2001@y...> wrote:
            > Hello & thanks for the welcome!
            >
            > Tonight is my last meditation class, then I am on my own to do it.
            > find it very calming and did not think I would enjoy it, I was so
            > wrong!! I love it!!

            I find that when I dont meditate in the morning then sometime during
            he day I just go into it when the time is right.

            It is hard to go a whole day without just relaxing into a good
            meditative state. But it almost seems like an indulgence sometimes.

            Well treat your self, Sara, and so will I!
            Love
            Bobby G.