Great News

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
      Michael Rhodes is back safe and sound from serving in Iraq. Whatever
      anyone feels about war, or this war specifically, it is a time to
      celebrate and give thanks for his heroic actions and bravery, that
      were motivated by a desire to protect our freedom and safety. Thank
      you Michael. We owe you big time!

    • Andy
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        Michael Rhodes is back safe and sound from serving in Iraq. Whatever
        anyone feels about war, or this war specifically, it is a time to
        celebrate and give thanks for his heroic actions and bravery, that
        were motivated by a desire to protect our freedom and safety. Thank
        you Michael. We owe you big time!

        *****Irrespective of the war, I am always happy when someone
        (American or otherwise) ~ who is not a terrorist ~ returns home safe
        and sound.

        I know, I know, war happens.
        It is a expression of phenomenality.
        As some have said, it spices the pot, makes The Grand Game
        interesting.

        Personally, I find it unpleasant, distasteful. It seems such a waste
        to me, such a poor allocation of energy, emotion, and resources.
        ($45,000,000 for one high-tech jet fighter plane. Couldn't that
        money be put to more beneficial use that a machine whose sole purpose
        is killing and destruction?)

        And yet war/anger/hostility has been with us since we have been with
        us in a phenomenal sense.

        Still, it doesn't mean I have to like it. I just don't see how
        killing people, making war (even in defense) leads to any genuine
        peace. Stopping the "war" inside ourselves, each of us, if so
        inclined, might, perhaps, produce a global difference. Or not. I
        don't know. I haven't the slightest idea. But if provoked by who-
        knows-watt, I will do it "on" myself. :-))