Re: new member

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, r vidhyasagar
      <dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...> wrote:

      *****with no mean spiritedness intended, this reminds me of the
      person who makes a phone call to a local confectionary shop and asks
      the proprietor where he can find a store that sells candy.

      ~ andy

      > Gentle men,
      >
      > I am asking you a help,
      > Please forward me some interesting site adresse to learn meditation
      > Thanking you,
      > R.Vidhyasagar
      >
      > dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...

      > Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today
    • Harold
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23, 2004
        Hello All. My name is Hal. I am a new member of this group. I have read
        through some of the archive posts and i feel im in a good place here. I can
        really identify with Anna's current dillemma concerning drug use. I had a
        similar situation at one time in my life except my drug use was not legal.
        Reguardless of that, i feel that we may have taken drugs for like reasons,
        but as with most chemical addictions,over time the drug became more of an
        enemy than an aid.

        I recall at around nine years of age that i had my first panic attack. I
        was at home by myself and i choked on some food and it frightened me so bad
        that the fear of it happening again filled my every thought whenever i would
        eat. This fear was so overwhelming that i would indeed choke whenever i ate.
        At that age i did not clearly understand the difference between an emotional
        disorder as oposed to a physical one and concluded i was physically
        impaired. I did not want to "face" let alone try to accept this problem so i
        tried to hide it from myself and others. Had i confided with others about my
        troubles i may have likely been given a drug to cushion the pain. Instead i
        chose to cover the pain any way i could.comfortably get away with.
        Reguardless of the potiential consequences, i took that risk rather than
        face my fears.

        Over the years that folowed that kind of thinking eventually led me to the
        place where my options were reduced to either grow up or die. Reguardless
        of how i got to that stage the important thing is i was finally ready to
        face my problems.That's when i became teachable. That's when i was able to
        use spiritual practices to help enable me to see more clearly into the root
        of my fears instead of "hide" from them in spiritual worship.. I have also
        been involved in many methods geared towards self anyalysis and self
        awareness but Meditation was key in helping me learn how to put all those
        things in right perspective. Those things coupled with regular meditation
        practice have provided the means to face,deal with and overcome my personal
        demons and my drug use is but a shadow of the past. Weither the problem is
        one of anxiety, heroin or clonozepem or a Dr. that doesn't have all the
        answers, the important thing is that there are "real" answers and freedom
        for those who are willing to face what the resolution of fear calls for.

        Hal