Re: new member

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 7:16 AM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, r vidhyasagar
      <dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...> wrote:
      > Gentle men,
      >
      > I am asking you a help,
      > Please forward me some interesting site adresse to learn meditation
      > Thanking you,
      > R.Vidhyasagar
      >
      > dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...

      Hello,

      I suggest that you check our own web site, Meditation Station
      http://www.meditationsociety.com
      We have dozens of meditation techniques and concepts with easy to
      follow "how to" directions. There is also a Links section that has
      several excellent sites listed that may be beneficial for you. It is
      the hardest Links grouping to become a part of, of any site dealing
      with meditation. Our web master is very conservative about adding
      links, and only the "best of the best" appear there. For instance,
      none have been added this year, and only 2 were added last year. So,
      it may be far easier to find what you seek there than on the link
      lists that don't discriminate about who they list.

      In any event, my suggestion is to check out the techniques on
      Meditation Station, and actually try a few that you seem drawn to. I
      feel that the best way to learn about meditation is by meditating. So,
      don't do much shopping around, and spend most of your time actually
      doing meditation. And as you may have already found out, this Yahoo
      group can be a valuable resource if you have any questions or want to
      share your experiences.

      I wish you well.

      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose, President,
      Meditation Society of America
    • Andy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6 10:00 AM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, r vidhyasagar
        <dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...> wrote:

        *****with no mean spiritedness intended, this reminds me of the
        person who makes a phone call to a local confectionary shop and asks
        the proprietor where he can find a store that sells candy.

        ~ andy

        > Gentle men,
        >
        > I am asking you a help,
        > Please forward me some interesting site adresse to learn meditation
        > Thanking you,
        > R.Vidhyasagar
        >
        > dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...

        > Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today
      • Harold
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2004
          Hello All. My name is Hal. I am a new member of this group. I have read
          through some of the archive posts and i feel im in a good place here. I can
          really identify with Anna's current dillemma concerning drug use. I had a
          similar situation at one time in my life except my drug use was not legal.
          Reguardless of that, i feel that we may have taken drugs for like reasons,
          but as with most chemical addictions,over time the drug became more of an
          enemy than an aid.

          I recall at around nine years of age that i had my first panic attack. I
          was at home by myself and i choked on some food and it frightened me so bad
          that the fear of it happening again filled my every thought whenever i would
          eat. This fear was so overwhelming that i would indeed choke whenever i ate.
          At that age i did not clearly understand the difference between an emotional
          disorder as oposed to a physical one and concluded i was physically
          impaired. I did not want to "face" let alone try to accept this problem so i
          tried to hide it from myself and others. Had i confided with others about my
          troubles i may have likely been given a drug to cushion the pain. Instead i
          chose to cover the pain any way i could.comfortably get away with.
          Reguardless of the potiential consequences, i took that risk rather than
          face my fears.

          Over the years that folowed that kind of thinking eventually led me to the
          place where my options were reduced to either grow up or die. Reguardless
          of how i got to that stage the important thing is i was finally ready to
          face my problems.That's when i became teachable. That's when i was able to
          use spiritual practices to help enable me to see more clearly into the root
          of my fears instead of "hide" from them in spiritual worship.. I have also
          been involved in many methods geared towards self anyalysis and self
          awareness but Meditation was key in helping me learn how to put all those
          things in right perspective. Those things coupled with regular meditation
          practice have provided the means to face,deal with and overcome my personal
          demons and my drug use is but a shadow of the past. Weither the problem is
          one of anxiety, heroin or clonozepem or a Dr. that doesn't have all the
          answers, the important thing is that there are "real" answers and freedom
          for those who are willing to face what the resolution of fear calls for.

          Hal