new member

  • r vidhyasagar
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 5:18 PM
      Gentle men,

      I am asking you a help,
      Please forward me some interesting site adresse to learn meditation
      Thanking you,
      R.Vidhyasagar

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 7:16 AM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, r vidhyasagar
        <dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...> wrote:
        > Gentle men,
        >
        > I am asking you a help,
        > Please forward me some interesting site adresse to learn meditation
        > Thanking you,
        > R.Vidhyasagar
        >
        > dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...

        Hello,

        I suggest that you check our own web site, Meditation Station
        http://www.meditationsociety.com
        We have dozens of meditation techniques and concepts with easy to
        follow "how to" directions. There is also a Links section that has
        several excellent sites listed that may be beneficial for you. It is
        the hardest Links grouping to become a part of, of any site dealing
        with meditation. Our web master is very conservative about adding
        links, and only the "best of the best" appear there. For instance,
        none have been added this year, and only 2 were added last year. So,
        it may be far easier to find what you seek there than on the link
        lists that don't discriminate about who they list.

        In any event, my suggestion is to check out the techniques on
        Meditation Station, and actually try a few that you seem drawn to. I
        feel that the best way to learn about meditation is by meditating. So,
        don't do much shopping around, and spend most of your time actually
        doing meditation. And as you may have already found out, this Yahoo
        group can be a valuable resource if you have any questions or want to
        share your experiences.

        I wish you well.

        Peace and blessings,
        Bob Rose, President,
        Meditation Society of America
      • Andy
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6 10:00 AM
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, r vidhyasagar
          <dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...> wrote:

          *****with no mean spiritedness intended, this reminds me of the
          person who makes a phone call to a local confectionary shop and asks
          the proprietor where he can find a store that sells candy.

          ~ andy

          > Gentle men,
          >
          > I am asking you a help,
          > Please forward me some interesting site adresse to learn meditation
          > Thanking you,
          > R.Vidhyasagar
          >
          > dr_vidhyasagar_54@y...

          > Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today
        • Harold
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 23, 2004
            Hello All. My name is Hal. I am a new member of this group. I have read
            through some of the archive posts and i feel im in a good place here. I can
            really identify with Anna's current dillemma concerning drug use. I had a
            similar situation at one time in my life except my drug use was not legal.
            Reguardless of that, i feel that we may have taken drugs for like reasons,
            but as with most chemical addictions,over time the drug became more of an
            enemy than an aid.

            I recall at around nine years of age that i had my first panic attack. I
            was at home by myself and i choked on some food and it frightened me so bad
            that the fear of it happening again filled my every thought whenever i would
            eat. This fear was so overwhelming that i would indeed choke whenever i ate.
            At that age i did not clearly understand the difference between an emotional
            disorder as oposed to a physical one and concluded i was physically
            impaired. I did not want to "face" let alone try to accept this problem so i
            tried to hide it from myself and others. Had i confided with others about my
            troubles i may have likely been given a drug to cushion the pain. Instead i
            chose to cover the pain any way i could.comfortably get away with.
            Reguardless of the potiential consequences, i took that risk rather than
            face my fears.

            Over the years that folowed that kind of thinking eventually led me to the
            place where my options were reduced to either grow up or die. Reguardless
            of how i got to that stage the important thing is i was finally ready to
            face my problems.That's when i became teachable. That's when i was able to
            use spiritual practices to help enable me to see more clearly into the root
            of my fears instead of "hide" from them in spiritual worship.. I have also
            been involved in many methods geared towards self anyalysis and self
            awareness but Meditation was key in helping me learn how to put all those
            things in right perspective. Those things coupled with regular meditation
            practice have provided the means to face,deal with and overcome my personal
            demons and my drug use is but a shadow of the past. Weither the problem is
            one of anxiety, heroin or clonozepem or a Dr. that doesn't have all the
            answers, the important thing is that there are "real" answers and freedom
            for those who are willing to face what the resolution of fear calls for.

            Hal