How To Get To Heaven

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2004
      Thanks to Amy Huang RN for this "out of the mouths of babes" gem:

      I was testing the children in my Sunday school class to see if they
      understood the concept of getting to heaven. I asked them,
      "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my
      money to the church, would that get me into Heaven?"
      "NO!" the children answered.
      "If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept
      everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven?"
      Again, the answer was, "NO!"
      By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun! "Well, then, if I
      was kind to animals and gave candy to all the children, and loved my
      husband, would that get me into Heaven?" I asked them again.
      Again, they all answered, "NO!"
      I was just bursting with pride for them. Well, I continued, "then how
      can I get into Heaven?"
      A five-year-old boy shouted out, "YOU GOTTA BE DEAD."