Re: [Meditation Society of America] new to group

  • sandeep
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2004
      Hi Harry,
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "harry" <effne@...>
      Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 04:43 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] new to group

      > Hi All
      > My name is Harry and I
      live in the UK (someone has to!)
      We all have our crosses to bear, don't we?
        I've often
      > thought about meditation
      but never bothered learn nore.  Now I'm
      > sorry to say I have an
      ulteia motive for being here.
      > My wife has a condition known as
      CRPS (complex regional pain
      > syndrome), its been likened to putting your
      hand in boiling water
      > and never being able to take it out,  in her
      case it is in her leg.
      > Drugs dont help much, she is on the strongest
      possible and she says
      > it only takes the edge off.
      Is it constant, or durational?
      Physical pain, if all the usual ailments have been checked and eliminated, does have it's linkage to the psyche.
      Actually in the deepest sense, a physical ailment is a psycho-somatic equation at play.
      Treating the sympton, without delving into the core, is like "Band-Aid"-ings.
      > We asked at the pain clinic about meditation and he said 'it
      > hurt' smilling, but he did not say where or how to learn.
      Well, you are in the right place.
      Bob, the List-owner, is the man you must hound.
      I am sure he will have just the thing for your wife.

      > Well thats us and why we are here.
      Thanks for letting us join.
      How's Teflon Tony doing these days?