[Meditation Society of America] Re: Crossing over?

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4 7:12 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
      wrote:
      > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
      >
      > Thanks, star

      Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
      according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
      Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

      Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
      like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
      She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
      that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

      She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
      all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
      and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

      > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > I have no idea what you are talking about
      > >
      > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
      > >
      > > cool of jody
      >
      > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
      >
      > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
      > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
      > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
      > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
      > (and therefore more illusory) form.

      > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 5 11:01 AM

        jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
        > > > [...]
        > > >

        > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
        > > >
        > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
        > > >
        > > >   cool of jody
        > >
        > > That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.
        > >
        > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
        > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
        > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
        > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
        > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
        >

        > not so jody,
        >
        > at least with me not so
        >
        > I am getting cleaned of delusions
        > in MY meditations
        >
        > take my word for it

        I will take your word for it, Karta.

        But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
        convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there.  One is
        a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

        That's what I call delusion.

        ---------

        One can't even tell whats gonna happen in the next moment for certain let alone flying off to heaven or any other possibility that can be dreamt up. Maybe there really is a you to experience a heaven or some other reality. The delusion is one of the least waverable things?, well, thats for sure, I think...:-)

        Peace and Love

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Era
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 6 11:13 AM
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...> wrote:
          > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
          >
          > Thanks, star
          >
          > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
          > I have no idea what you are talking about
          > >
          > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
          > >
          > > cool of jody
          >
          > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
          >
          > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
          > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
          > of glorious meditation experience,

          I do not indulge in my meditations