Re: Crossing over?

  • Era
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4 4:42 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
      > > [...]
      > > >
      > > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
      > > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
      > > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
      > > >
      > > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
      > > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
      > > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
      > > > coming from.
      > > >
      > > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
      > > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
      > > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
      > > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
      > > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
      > > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
      > > > existential fact.
      > >

      > > I have no idea what you are talking about
      > >
      > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
      > >
      > > cool of jody
      >
      > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
      >
      > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
      > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
      > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
      > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
      > (and therefore more illusory) form.

      not so jody,

      at least with me not so

      I am getting cleaned of delusions
      in MY meditations

      take my word for it
    • star fall
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4 5:44 PM
        Delurking to ask a question.  What do you mean by "Maya"?

        Thanks, star

        jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
         I have no idea what you are talking about

        > I am happy with the Naam meditation
        >
        >   cool of jody

        That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.

        However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
        see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
        of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
        delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
        (and therefore more illusory) form.

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • jodyrrr
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4 7:04 PM
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
          > > > [...]
          > > >

          > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
          > > >
          > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
          > > >
          > > > cool of jody
          > >
          > > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
          > >
          > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
          > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
          > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
          > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
          > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
          >

          > not so jody,
          >
          > at least with me not so
          >
          > I am getting cleaned of delusions
          > in MY meditations
          >
          > take my word for it

          I will take your word for it, Karta.

          But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
          convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there. One is
          a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

          That's what I call delusion.
        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4 7:12 PM
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
            wrote:
            > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
            >
            > Thanks, star

            Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
            according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
            Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

            Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
            like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
            She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
            that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

            She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
            all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
            and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

            > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
            > I have no idea what you are talking about
            > >
            > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
            > >
            > > cool of jody
            >
            > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
            >
            > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
            > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
            > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
            > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
            > (and therefore more illusory) form.

            > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
          • Jason Fishman
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 5 11:01 AM

              jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
              > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
              > > > [...]
              > > >

              > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
              > > >
              > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
              > > >
              > > >   cool of jody
              > >
              > > That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.
              > >
              > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
              > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
              > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
              > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
              > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
              >

              > not so jody,
              >
              > at least with me not so
              >
              > I am getting cleaned of delusions
              > in MY meditations
              >
              > take my word for it

              I will take your word for it, Karta.

              But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
              convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there.  One is
              a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

              That's what I call delusion.

              ---------

              One can't even tell whats gonna happen in the next moment for certain let alone flying off to heaven or any other possibility that can be dreamt up. Maybe there really is a you to experience a heaven or some other reality. The delusion is one of the least waverable things?, well, thats for sure, I think...:-)

              Peace and Love

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Era
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 6 11:13 AM
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...> wrote:
                > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                >
                > Thanks, star
                >
                > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                > I have no idea what you are talking about
                > >
                > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                > >
                > > cool of jody
                >
                > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                >
                > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                > of glorious meditation experience,

                I do not indulge in my meditations