Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Crossing over?

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4 3:10 PM
      jodyrrr wrote:
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:

      [...]

      You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
      to find yourself.  In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
      yourself.  All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
      bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.

      --jody.

      or can be looked at as other realities
       of ourselves with an opened mind

      check out

      the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site

      <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

      I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
      nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
      able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.

      The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
      kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
      To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
      coming from.

      So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
      as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
      after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
      they visit heaven on a regular basis.  What they are "visiting"
      is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
      tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
      existential fact.

      I have no idea what you are talking about

      I am happy with the Naam meditation

        cool of jody

      That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.

      However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
      see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
      of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
      delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
      (and therefore more illusory) form.

      Moreover, the ultimate gist
      of meditation is not that
      you necessarily be "happy"
      with the practice itself,
      but rather the direct
      discovery of true nature,
      regardless of what that
      entails emotionally.

      Time to trot out a tried
      true Krishnamurti quote:

      "Meditation is not the
      repetition of the word, nor
      the experiencing of a vision,
      nor the cultivating of
      silence.  The bead and the
      word do quieten the
      chattering mind, but this is
      a form of self-hypnosis.  You
      might as well take a pill."
    • Era
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4 4:42 PM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
        > > [...]
        > > >
        > > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
        > > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
        > > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
        > > >
        > > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
        > > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
        > > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
        > > > coming from.
        > > >
        > > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
        > > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
        > > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
        > > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
        > > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
        > > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
        > > > existential fact.
        > >

        > > I have no idea what you are talking about
        > >
        > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
        > >
        > > cool of jody
        >
        > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
        >
        > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
        > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
        > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
        > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
        > (and therefore more illusory) form.

        not so jody,

        at least with me not so

        I am getting cleaned of delusions
        in MY meditations

        take my word for it
      • star fall
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4 5:44 PM
          Delurking to ask a question.  What do you mean by "Maya"?

          Thanks, star

          jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
           I have no idea what you are talking about

          > I am happy with the Naam meditation
          >
          >   cool of jody

          That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.

          However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
          see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
          of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
          delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
          (and therefore more illusory) form.

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4 7:04 PM
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
            > > > [...]
            > > >

            > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
            > > >
            > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
            > > >
            > > > cool of jody
            > >
            > > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
            > >
            > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
            > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
            > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
            > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
            > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
            >

            > not so jody,
            >
            > at least with me not so
            >
            > I am getting cleaned of delusions
            > in MY meditations
            >
            > take my word for it

            I will take your word for it, Karta.

            But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
            convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there. One is
            a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

            That's what I call delusion.
          • jodyrrr
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 4 7:12 PM
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
              wrote:
              > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
              >
              > Thanks, star

              Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
              according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
              Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

              Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
              like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
              She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
              that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

              She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
              all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
              and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

              > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
              > I have no idea what you are talking about
              > >
              > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
              > >
              > > cool of jody
              >
              > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
              >
              > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
              > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
              > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
              > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
              > (and therefore more illusory) form.

              > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
            • Jason Fishman
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 5 11:01 AM

                jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                > > > [...]
                > > >

                > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                > > >
                > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                > > >
                > > >   cool of jody
                > >
                > > That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.
                > >
                > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                >

                > not so jody,
                >
                > at least with me not so
                >
                > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                > in MY meditations
                >
                > take my word for it

                I will take your word for it, Karta.

                But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there.  One is
                a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                That's what I call delusion.

                ---------

                One can't even tell whats gonna happen in the next moment for certain let alone flying off to heaven or any other possibility that can be dreamt up. Maybe there really is a you to experience a heaven or some other reality. The delusion is one of the least waverable things?, well, thats for sure, I think...:-)

                Peace and Love

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • Era
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 6 11:13 AM
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...> wrote:
                  > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                  >
                  > Thanks, star
                  >
                  > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > I have no idea what you are talking about
                  > >
                  > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                  > >
                  > > cool of jody
                  >
                  > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                  >
                  > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                  > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                  > of glorious meditation experience,

                  I do not indulge in my meditations