Re: Crossing over?

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
      > [...]
      > > >

      > > > or can be looked at as other realities
      > > > of ourselves with an opened mind
      > > >
      > > > check out
      > > >
      > > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
      > > >
      > > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
      > >
      > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
      > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
      > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
      > >
      > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
      > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
      > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
      > > coming from.
      > >
      > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
      > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
      > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
      > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
      > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
      > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
      > > existential fact.
      >

      > I have no idea what you are talking about
      >
      > I am happy with the Naam meditation
      >
      > cool of jody

      That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.

      However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
      see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
      of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
      delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
      (and therefore more illusory) form.
    • Bruce Morgen
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
        jodyrrr wrote:
[...]

        Moreover, the ultimate gist
        of meditation is not that
        you necessarily be "happy"
        with the practice itself,
        but rather the direct
        discovery of true nature,
        regardless of what that
        entails emotionally.

        Time to trot out a tried
        true Krishnamurti quote:

        "Meditation is not the
        repetition of the word, nor
        the experiencing of a vision,
        nor the cultivating of
        silence.  The bead and the
        word do quieten the
        chattering mind, but this is
        a form of self-hypnosis.  You
        might as well take a pill."
      • Era
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
          > > [...]
          > > >
          > > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
          > > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
          > > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
          > > >
          > > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
          > > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
          > > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
          > > > coming from.
          > > >
          > > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
          > > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
          > > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
          > > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
          > > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
          > > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
          > > > existential fact.
          > >

          > > I have no idea what you are talking about
          > >
          > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
          > >
          > > cool of jody
          >
          > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
          >
          > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
          > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
          > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
          > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
          > (and therefore more illusory) form.

          not so jody,

          at least with me not so

          I am getting cleaned of delusions
          in MY meditations

          take my word for it
        • star fall
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
            Delurking to ask a question.  What do you mean by "Maya"?

            Thanks, star

            jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
             I have no idea what you are talking about

            > I am happy with the Naam meditation
            >
            >   cool of jody

            That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.

            However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
            see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
            of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
            delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
            (and therefore more illusory) form.

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • jodyrrr
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
              > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
              > > > [...]
              > > >

              > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
              > > >
              > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
              > > >
              > > > cool of jody
              > >
              > > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
              > >
              > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
              > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
              > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
              > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
              > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
              >

              > not so jody,
              >
              > at least with me not so
              >
              > I am getting cleaned of delusions
              > in MY meditations
              >
              > take my word for it

              I will take your word for it, Karta.

              But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
              convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there. One is
              a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

              That's what I call delusion.
            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
                wrote:
                > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                >
                > Thanks, star

                Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
                according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
                Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

                Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
                like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
                She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
                that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

                She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
                all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
                and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

                > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                > I have no idea what you are talking about
                > >
                > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                > >
                > > cool of jody
                >
                > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                >
                > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                > (and therefore more illusory) form.

                > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
              • Jason Fishman
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 5, 2004

                  jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                  > > > [...]
                  > > >

                  > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                  > > >
                  > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                  > > >
                  > > >   cool of jody
                  > >
                  > > That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.
                  > >
                  > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                  > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                  > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                  > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                  > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                  >

                  > not so jody,
                  >
                  > at least with me not so
                  >
                  > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                  > in MY meditations
                  >
                  > take my word for it

                  I will take your word for it, Karta.

                  But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                  convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there.  One is
                  a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                  That's what I call delusion.

                  ---------

                  One can't even tell whats gonna happen in the next moment for certain let alone flying off to heaven or any other possibility that can be dreamt up. Maybe there really is a you to experience a heaven or some other reality. The delusion is one of the least waverable things?, well, thats for sure, I think...:-)

                  Peace and Love

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • Era
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 6, 2004
                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...> wrote:
                    > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                    >
                    > Thanks, star
                    >
                    > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    > I have no idea what you are talking about
                    > >
                    > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                    > >
                    > > cool of jody
                    >
                    > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                    >
                    > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                    > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                    > of glorious meditation experience,

                    I do not indulge in my meditations