Re: Crossing over?

  • Era
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
      [...]
      > > > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
      > > > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
      > > > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
      > > > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
      > > >
      > > > --jody.
      > >

      > > or can be looked at as other realities
      > > of ourselves with an opened mind
      > >
      > > check out
      > >
      > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
      > >
      > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
      >
      > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
      > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
      > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
      >
      > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
      > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
      > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
      > coming from.
      >
      > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
      > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
      > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
      > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
      > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
      > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
      > existential fact.

      I have no idea what you are talking about

      I am happy with the Naam meditation

      cool of jody
    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
        > [...]
        > > >

        > > > or can be looked at as other realities
        > > > of ourselves with an opened mind
        > > >
        > > > check out
        > > >
        > > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
        > > >
        > > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
        > >
        > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
        > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
        > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
        > >
        > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
        > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
        > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
        > > coming from.
        > >
        > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
        > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
        > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
        > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
        > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
        > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
        > > existential fact.
        >

        > I have no idea what you are talking about
        >
        > I am happy with the Naam meditation
        >
        > cool of jody

        That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.

        However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
        see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
        of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
        delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
        (and therefore more illusory) form.
      • Bruce Morgen
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
          jodyrrr wrote:
[...]

          Moreover, the ultimate gist
          of meditation is not that
          you necessarily be "happy"
          with the practice itself,
          but rather the direct
          discovery of true nature,
          regardless of what that
          entails emotionally.

          Time to trot out a tried
          true Krishnamurti quote:

          "Meditation is not the
          repetition of the word, nor
          the experiencing of a vision,
          nor the cultivating of
          silence.  The bead and the
          word do quieten the
          chattering mind, but this is
          a form of self-hypnosis.  You
          might as well take a pill."
        • Era
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
            > > [...]
            > > >
            > > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
            > > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
            > > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
            > > >
            > > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
            > > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
            > > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
            > > > coming from.
            > > >
            > > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
            > > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
            > > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
            > > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
            > > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
            > > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
            > > > existential fact.
            > >

            > > I have no idea what you are talking about
            > >
            > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
            > >
            > > cool of jody
            >
            > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
            >
            > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
            > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
            > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
            > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
            > (and therefore more illusory) form.

            not so jody,

            at least with me not so

            I am getting cleaned of delusions
            in MY meditations

            take my word for it
          • star fall
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
              Delurking to ask a question.  What do you mean by "Maya"?

              Thanks, star

              jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
               I have no idea what you are talking about

              > I am happy with the Naam meditation
              >
              >   cool of jody

              That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.

              However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
              see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
              of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
              delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
              (and therefore more illusory) form.

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                > > > [...]
                > > >

                > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                > > >
                > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                > > >
                > > > cool of jody
                > >
                > > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                > >
                > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                >

                > not so jody,
                >
                > at least with me not so
                >
                > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                > in MY meditations
                >
                > take my word for it

                I will take your word for it, Karta.

                But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there. One is
                a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                That's what I call delusion.
              • jodyrrr
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                  >
                  > Thanks, star

                  Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
                  according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
                  Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

                  Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
                  like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
                  She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
                  that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

                  She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
                  all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
                  and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

                  > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > I have no idea what you are talking about
                  > >
                  > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                  > >
                  > > cool of jody
                  >
                  > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                  >
                  > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                  > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                  > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                  > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                  > (and therefore more illusory) form.

                  > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
                • Jason Fishman
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 5, 2004

                    jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                    > > > [...]
                    > > >

                    > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                    > > >
                    > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                    > > >
                    > > >   cool of jody
                    > >
                    > > That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.
                    > >
                    > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                    > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                    > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                    > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                    > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                    >

                    > not so jody,
                    >
                    > at least with me not so
                    >
                    > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                    > in MY meditations
                    >
                    > take my word for it

                    I will take your word for it, Karta.

                    But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                    convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there.  One is
                    a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                    That's what I call delusion.

                    ---------

                    One can't even tell whats gonna happen in the next moment for certain let alone flying off to heaven or any other possibility that can be dreamt up. Maybe there really is a you to experience a heaven or some other reality. The delusion is one of the least waverable things?, well, thats for sure, I think...:-)

                    Peace and Love

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                  • Era
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 6, 2004
                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...> wrote:
                      > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                      >
                      > Thanks, star
                      >
                      > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                      > I have no idea what you are talking about
                      > >
                      > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                      > >
                      > > cool of jody
                      >
                      > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                      >
                      > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                      > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                      > of glorious meditation experience,

                      I do not indulge in my meditations