[Meditation Society of America] Re: Crossing over?

  • Era
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@j..=
      .> wrote:

      accra:

      I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to understand th=
      at meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can anyone shed any lig=
      ht on that? Thanks in advance.
      If you want to waste your time chasing castles in the sky, then
      there are various meditation practices that will help you find them. Howeve=
      r, these forays into other realms are simply forays into more delusion. You =
      are trading the delusion of being an individual in this realm with that of b=
      eing an individual in another. What's worse, the mind can make up whatever i=
      t wants in these realms and then generate these "realities" as so-called tru=
      th. This is in effect creating your own path of illusion and then pulling yo=
      urself along it into ever- increasing depths of delusion. The plain and simp=
      le fact, one that is quite commonly overlooked in the search for exotic expe=
      rience, is that who you are and what you are looking for are always right he=
      re, closer than your own breath, in your own heart, completely outside of an=
      y realm whatsoever. You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, ri=
      ght now to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find you=
      rself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same bullshit you =
      find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
      --jody.

      era: or can be looked at as other realities
      of ourselves with an opened mind

      check out

      the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site

      <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

      bruce:

      Sure, but once one's hung
      out with one aspect of
      oneself, you've pretty much
      had a sufficient dose.
      I've observed some pretty
      deep pitfalls along the
      third-eye-centric, "Light
      and Sound" paths involving
      a very high potential for
      perpetual bhaktihood and
      even delusional quasi-
      realization.

      heh

      I must agree here Bruce

      but meditation is still important

      imho

      By nature,
      these practices rely very
      heavily on the honesty and
      authenticity of the
      guidance received, and such
      guidance isn't easy to find

      imo.
    • Era
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
        [...]
        > > > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
        > > > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
        > > > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
        > > > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
        > > >
        > > > --jody.
        > >

        > > or can be looked at as other realities
        > > of ourselves with an opened mind
        > >
        > > check out
        > >
        > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
        > >
        > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
        >
        > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
        > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
        > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
        >
        > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
        > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
        > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
        > coming from.
        >
        > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
        > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
        > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
        > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
        > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
        > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
        > existential fact.

        I have no idea what you are talking about

        I am happy with the Naam meditation

        cool of jody
      • jodyrrr
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
          > [...]
          > > >

          > > > or can be looked at as other realities
          > > > of ourselves with an opened mind
          > > >
          > > > check out
          > > >
          > > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
          > > >
          > > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
          > >
          > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
          > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
          > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
          > >
          > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
          > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
          > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
          > > coming from.
          > >
          > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
          > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
          > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
          > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
          > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
          > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
          > > existential fact.
          >

          > I have no idea what you are talking about
          >
          > I am happy with the Naam meditation
          >
          > cool of jody

          That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.

          However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
          see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
          of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
          delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
          (and therefore more illusory) form.
        • Bruce Morgen
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
            jodyrrr wrote:
[...]

            Moreover, the ultimate gist
            of meditation is not that
            you necessarily be "happy"
            with the practice itself,
            but rather the direct
            discovery of true nature,
            regardless of what that
            entails emotionally.

            Time to trot out a tried
            true Krishnamurti quote:

            "Meditation is not the
            repetition of the word, nor
            the experiencing of a vision,
            nor the cultivating of
            silence.  The bead and the
            word do quieten the
            chattering mind, but this is
            a form of self-hypnosis.  You
            might as well take a pill."
          • Era
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
              > > [...]
              > > >
              > > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
              > > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
              > > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
              > > >
              > > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
              > > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
              > > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
              > > > coming from.
              > > >
              > > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
              > > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
              > > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
              > > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
              > > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
              > > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
              > > > existential fact.
              > >

              > > I have no idea what you are talking about
              > >
              > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
              > >
              > > cool of jody
              >
              > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
              >
              > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
              > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
              > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
              > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
              > (and therefore more illusory) form.

              not so jody,

              at least with me not so

              I am getting cleaned of delusions
              in MY meditations

              take my word for it
            • star fall
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
                Delurking to ask a question.  What do you mean by "Maya"?

                Thanks, star

                jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                 I have no idea what you are talking about

                > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                >
                >   cool of jody

                That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.

                However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                (and therefore more illusory) form.

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • jodyrrr
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                  > > > [...]
                  > > >

                  > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                  > > >
                  > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                  > > >
                  > > > cool of jody
                  > >
                  > > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                  > >
                  > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                  > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                  > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                  > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                  > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                  >

                  > not so jody,
                  >
                  > at least with me not so
                  >
                  > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                  > in MY meditations
                  >
                  > take my word for it

                  I will take your word for it, Karta.

                  But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                  convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there. One is
                  a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                  That's what I call delusion.
                • jodyrrr
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 4, 2004
                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                    >
                    > Thanks, star

                    Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
                    according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
                    Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

                    Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
                    like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
                    She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
                    that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

                    She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
                    all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
                    and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

                    > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    > I have no idea what you are talking about
                    > >
                    > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                    > >
                    > > cool of jody
                    >
                    > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                    >
                    > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                    > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                    > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                    > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                    > (and therefore more illusory) form.

                    > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
                  • Jason Fishman
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 5, 2004

                      jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                      > > > [...]
                      > > >

                      > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                      > > >
                      > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                      > > >
                      > > >   cool of jody
                      > >
                      > > That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.
                      > >
                      > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                      > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                      > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                      > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                      > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                      >

                      > not so jody,
                      >
                      > at least with me not so
                      >
                      > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                      > in MY meditations
                      >
                      > take my word for it

                      I will take your word for it, Karta.

                      But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                      convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there.  One is
                      a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                      That's what I call delusion.

                      ---------

                      One can't even tell whats gonna happen in the next moment for certain let alone flying off to heaven or any other possibility that can be dreamt up. Maybe there really is a you to experience a heaven or some other reality. The delusion is one of the least waverable things?, well, thats for sure, I think...:-)

                      Peace and Love

                      Do you Yahoo!?
                    • Era
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 6, 2004
                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...> wrote:
                        > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                        >
                        > Thanks, star
                        >
                        > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                        > I have no idea what you are talking about
                        > >
                        > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                        > >
                        > > cool of jody
                        >
                        > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                        >
                        > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                        > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                        > of glorious meditation experience,

                        I do not indulge in my meditations