Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Crossing over?

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4 12:55 PM
      Era wrote:
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, acra@h... wrote:

      I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to
      understand that meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can
      anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.

      If you want to waste your time chasing castles in the sky, then
      there are various meditation practices that will help you find them.

      However, these forays into other realms are simply forays into more
      delusion.  You are trading the delusion of being an individual in
      this realm with that of being an individual in another.  What's worse,
      the mind can make up whatever it wants in these realms and then
      generate these "realities" as so-called truth.  This is in effect creating
      your own path of illusion and then pulling yourself along it into ever-
      increasing depths of delusion.

      The plain and simple fact, one that is quite commonly overlooked in
      the search for exotic experience, is that who you are and what you are
      looking for are always right here, closer than your own breath, in
      your own heart, completely outside of any realm whatsoever.

      You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
      to find yourself.  In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
      yourself.  All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
      bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.

      --jody.

      or can be looked at as other realities
       of ourselves with an opened mind

      check out

      the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site

      <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

      Sure, but once one's hung
      out with one aspect of
      oneself, you've pretty much
      had a sufficient dose.
      I've observed some pretty
      deep pitfalls along the
      third-eye-centric, "Light
      and Sound" paths involving
      a very high potential for
      perpetual bhaktihood and
      even delusional quasi-
      realization.  By nature,
      these practices rely very
      heavily on the honesty and
      authenticity of the
      guidance received, and such
      guidance isn't easy to find
      imo.
    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4 2:08 PM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, acra@h... wrote:
        > > > I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to
        > > > understand that meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can
        > > > anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.
        > >
        > > If you want to waste your time chasing castles in the sky, then
        > > there are various meditation practices that will help you find them.
        > >
        > > However, these forays into other realms are simply forays into more
        > > delusion. You are trading the delusion of being an individual in
        > > this realm with that of being an individual in another. What's worse,
        > > the mind can make up whatever it wants in these realms and then
        > > generate these "realities" as so-called truth. This is in effect creating
        > > your own path of illusion and then pulling yourself along it into ever-
        > > increasing depths of delusion.
        > >
        > > The plain and simple fact, one that is quite commonly overlooked in
        > > the search for exotic experience, is that who you are and what you are
        > > looking for are always right here, closer than your own breath, in
        > > your own heart, completely outside of any realm whatsoever.
        > >
        > > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
        > > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
        > > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
        > > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
        > >
        > > --jody.
        >

        > or can be looked at as other realities
        > of ourselves with an opened mind
        >
        > check out
        >
        > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
        >
        > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

        I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
        nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
        able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.

        The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
        kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
        To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
        coming from.

        So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
        as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
        after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
        they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
        is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
        tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
        existential fact.
      • Era
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4 2:30 PM
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@j..=
          .> wrote:

          accra:

[...]

          era: or can be looked at as other realities
          of ourselves with an opened mind

          check out

          the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site

          <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

          bruce:

          Sure, but once one's hung
          out with one aspect of
          oneself, you've pretty much
          had a sufficient dose.
          I've observed some pretty
          deep pitfalls along the
          third-eye-centric, "Light
          and Sound" paths involving
          a very high potential for
          perpetual bhaktihood and
          even delusional quasi-
          realization.

          heh

          I must agree here Bruce

          but meditation is still important

          imho

          By nature,
          these practices rely very
          heavily on the honesty and
          authenticity of the
          guidance received, and such
          guidance isn't easy to find

          imo.
        • Era
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4 2:48 PM
            [...]
            > > > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
            > > > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
            > > > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
            > > > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
            > > >
            > > > --jody.
            > >

            > > or can be looked at as other realities
            > > of ourselves with an opened mind
            > >
            > > check out
            > >
            > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
            > >
            > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
            >
            > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
            > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
            > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
            >
            > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
            > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
            > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
            > coming from.
            >
            > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
            > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
            > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
            > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
            > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
            > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
            > existential fact.

            I have no idea what you are talking about

            I am happy with the Naam meditation

            cool of jody
          • jodyrrr
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 4 2:55 PM
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
              > [...]
              > > >

              > > > or can be looked at as other realities
              > > > of ourselves with an opened mind
              > > >
              > > > check out
              > > >
              > > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
              > > >
              > > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
              > >
              > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
              > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
              > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
              > >
              > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
              > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
              > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
              > > coming from.
              > >
              > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
              > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
              > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
              > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
              > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
              > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
              > > existential fact.
              >

              > I have no idea what you are talking about
              >
              > I am happy with the Naam meditation
              >
              > cool of jody

              That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.

              However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
              see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
              of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
              delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
              (and therefore more illusory) form.
            • Bruce Morgen
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 4 3:10 PM
                jodyrrr wrote:
[...]

                Moreover, the ultimate gist
                of meditation is not that
                you necessarily be "happy"
                with the practice itself,
                but rather the direct
                discovery of true nature,
                regardless of what that
                entails emotionally.

                Time to trot out a tried
                true Krishnamurti quote:

                "Meditation is not the
                repetition of the word, nor
                the experiencing of a vision,
                nor the cultivating of
                silence.  The bead and the
                word do quieten the
                chattering mind, but this is
                a form of self-hypnosis.  You
                might as well take a pill."
              • Era
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 4 4:42 PM
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                  > > [...]
                  > > >
                  > > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
                  > > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
                  > > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
                  > > >
                  > > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
                  > > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
                  > > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
                  > > > coming from.
                  > > >
                  > > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
                  > > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
                  > > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
                  > > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
                  > > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
                  > > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
                  > > > existential fact.
                  > >

                  > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                  > >
                  > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                  > >
                  > > cool of jody
                  >
                  > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                  >
                  > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                  > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                  > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                  > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                  > (and therefore more illusory) form.

                  not so jody,

                  at least with me not so

                  I am getting cleaned of delusions
                  in MY meditations

                  take my word for it
                • star fall
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 4 5:44 PM
                    Delurking to ask a question.  What do you mean by "Maya"?

                    Thanks, star

                    jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                     I have no idea what you are talking about

                    > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                    >
                    >   cool of jody

                    That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.

                    However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                    see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                    of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                    delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                    (and therefore more illusory) form.

                    Do you Yahoo!?

                  • jodyrrr
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 4 7:04 PM
                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                      > > > [...]
                      > > >

                      > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                      > > >
                      > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                      > > >
                      > > > cool of jody
                      > >
                      > > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                      > >
                      > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                      > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                      > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                      > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                      > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                      >

                      > not so jody,
                      >
                      > at least with me not so
                      >
                      > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                      > in MY meditations
                      >
                      > take my word for it

                      I will take your word for it, Karta.

                      But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                      convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there. One is
                      a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                      That's what I call delusion.
                    • jodyrrr
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 4 7:12 PM
                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
                        wrote:
                        > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                        >
                        > Thanks, star

                        Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
                        according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
                        Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

                        Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
                        like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
                        She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
                        that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

                        She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
                        all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
                        and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

                        > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                        > I have no idea what you are talking about
                        > >
                        > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                        > >
                        > > cool of jody
                        >
                        > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                        >
                        > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                        > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                        > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                        > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                        > (and therefore more illusory) form.

                        > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
                      • Jason Fishman
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 5 11:01 AM

                          jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                          > > > [...]
                          > > >

                          > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                          > > >
                          > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                          > > >
                          > > >   cool of jody
                          > >
                          > > That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.
                          > >
                          > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                          > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                          > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                          > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                          > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                          >

                          > not so jody,
                          >
                          > at least with me not so
                          >
                          > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                          > in MY meditations
                          >
                          > take my word for it

                          I will take your word for it, Karta.

                          But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                          convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there.  One is
                          a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                          That's what I call delusion.

                          ---------

                          One can't even tell whats gonna happen in the next moment for certain let alone flying off to heaven or any other possibility that can be dreamt up. Maybe there really is a you to experience a heaven or some other reality. The delusion is one of the least waverable things?, well, thats for sure, I think...:-)

                          Peace and Love

                          Do you Yahoo!?
                        • Era
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 6 11:13 AM
                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...> wrote:
                            > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                            >
                            > Thanks, star
                            >
                            > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                            > I have no idea what you are talking about
                            > >
                            > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                            > >
                            > > cool of jody
                            >
                            > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                            >
                            > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                            > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                            > of glorious meditation experience,

                            I do not indulge in my meditations