Re: Crossing over?

  • Era
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4 12:36 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, acra@h... wrote:
      > > I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to
      > > understand that meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can
      > > anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.
      >
      > If you want to waste your time chasing castles in the sky, then
      > there are various meditation practices that will help you find them.
      >
      > However, these forays into other realms are simply forays into more
      > delusion. You are trading the delusion of being an individual in
      > this realm with that of being an individual in another. What's worse,
      > the mind can make up whatever it wants in these realms and then
      > generate these "realities" as so-called truth. This is in effect creating
      > your own path of illusion and then pulling yourself along it into ever-
      > increasing depths of delusion.
      >
      > The plain and simple fact, one that is quite commonly overlooked in
      > the search for exotic experience, is that who you are and what you are
      > looking for are always right here, closer than your own breath, in
      > your own heart, completely outside of any realm whatsoever.
      >
      > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
      > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
      > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
      > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
      >
      > --jody.

      or can be looked at as other realities
      of ourselves with an opened mind

      check out

      the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site

      <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
    • Bruce Morgen
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4 12:55 PM
        Era wrote:
[...]

        Sure, but once one's hung
        out with one aspect of
        oneself, you've pretty much
        had a sufficient dose.
        I've observed some pretty
        deep pitfalls along the
        third-eye-centric, "Light
        and Sound" paths involving
        a very high potential for
        perpetual bhaktihood and
        even delusional quasi-
        realization.  By nature,
        these practices rely very
        heavily on the honesty and
        authenticity of the
        guidance received, and such
        guidance isn't easy to find
        imo.
      • jodyrrr
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4 2:08 PM
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, acra@h... wrote:
          > > > I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to
          > > > understand that meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can
          > > > anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.
          > >
          > > If you want to waste your time chasing castles in the sky, then
          > > there are various meditation practices that will help you find them.
          > >
          > > However, these forays into other realms are simply forays into more
          > > delusion. You are trading the delusion of being an individual in
          > > this realm with that of being an individual in another. What's worse,
          > > the mind can make up whatever it wants in these realms and then
          > > generate these "realities" as so-called truth. This is in effect creating
          > > your own path of illusion and then pulling yourself along it into ever-
          > > increasing depths of delusion.
          > >
          > > The plain and simple fact, one that is quite commonly overlooked in
          > > the search for exotic experience, is that who you are and what you are
          > > looking for are always right here, closer than your own breath, in
          > > your own heart, completely outside of any realm whatsoever.
          > >
          > > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
          > > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
          > > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
          > > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
          > >
          > > --jody.
          >

          > or can be looked at as other realities
          > of ourselves with an opened mind
          >
          > check out
          >
          > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
          >
          > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

          I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
          nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
          able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.

          The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
          kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
          To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
          coming from.

          So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
          as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
          after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
          they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
          is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
          tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
          existential fact.
        • Era
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4 2:30 PM
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@j..=
            .> wrote:

            accra:

[...]

            era: or can be looked at as other realities
            of ourselves with an opened mind

            check out

            the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site

            <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

            bruce:

            Sure, but once one's hung
            out with one aspect of
            oneself, you've pretty much
            had a sufficient dose.
            I've observed some pretty
            deep pitfalls along the
            third-eye-centric, "Light
            and Sound" paths involving
            a very high potential for
            perpetual bhaktihood and
            even delusional quasi-
            realization.

            heh

            I must agree here Bruce

            but meditation is still important

            imho

            By nature,
            these practices rely very
            heavily on the honesty and
            authenticity of the
            guidance received, and such
            guidance isn't easy to find

            imo.
          • Era
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 4 2:48 PM
              [...]
              > > > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
              > > > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
              > > > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
              > > > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
              > > >
              > > > --jody.
              > >

              > > or can be looked at as other realities
              > > of ourselves with an opened mind
              > >
              > > check out
              > >
              > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
              > >
              > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
              >
              > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
              > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
              > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
              >
              > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
              > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
              > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
              > coming from.
              >
              > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
              > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
              > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
              > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
              > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
              > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
              > existential fact.

              I have no idea what you are talking about

              I am happy with the Naam meditation

              cool of jody
            • jodyrrr
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 4 2:55 PM
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                > [...]
                > > >

                > > > or can be looked at as other realities
                > > > of ourselves with an opened mind
                > > >
                > > > check out
                > > >
                > > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
                > > >
                > > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
                > >
                > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
                > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
                > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
                > >
                > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
                > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
                > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
                > > coming from.
                > >
                > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
                > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
                > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
                > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
                > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
                > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
                > > existential fact.
                >

                > I have no idea what you are talking about
                >
                > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                >
                > cool of jody

                That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.

                However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                (and therefore more illusory) form.
              • Bruce Morgen
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 4 3:10 PM
                  jodyrrr wrote:
[...]

                  Moreover, the ultimate gist
                  of meditation is not that
                  you necessarily be "happy"
                  with the practice itself,
                  but rather the direct
                  discovery of true nature,
                  regardless of what that
                  entails emotionally.

                  Time to trot out a tried
                  true Krishnamurti quote:

                  "Meditation is not the
                  repetition of the word, nor
                  the experiencing of a vision,
                  nor the cultivating of
                  silence.  The bead and the
                  word do quieten the
                  chattering mind, but this is
                  a form of self-hypnosis.  You
                  might as well take a pill."
                • Era
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 4 4:42 PM
                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                    > > [...]
                    > > >
                    > > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
                    > > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
                    > > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
                    > > >
                    > > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
                    > > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
                    > > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
                    > > > coming from.
                    > > >
                    > > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
                    > > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
                    > > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
                    > > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
                    > > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
                    > > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
                    > > > existential fact.
                    > >

                    > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                    > >
                    > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                    > >
                    > > cool of jody
                    >
                    > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                    >
                    > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                    > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                    > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                    > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                    > (and therefore more illusory) form.

                    not so jody,

                    at least with me not so

                    I am getting cleaned of delusions
                    in MY meditations

                    take my word for it
                  • star fall
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 4 5:44 PM
                      Delurking to ask a question.  What do you mean by "Maya"?

                      Thanks, star

                      jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                       I have no idea what you are talking about

                      > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                      >
                      >   cool of jody

                      That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.

                      However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                      see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                      of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                      delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                      (and therefore more illusory) form.

                      Do you Yahoo!?

                    • jodyrrr
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 4 7:04 PM
                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                        > > > [...]
                        > > >

                        > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                        > > >
                        > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                        > > >
                        > > > cool of jody
                        > >
                        > > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                        > >
                        > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                        > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                        > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                        > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                        > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                        >

                        > not so jody,
                        >
                        > at least with me not so
                        >
                        > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                        > in MY meditations
                        >
                        > take my word for it

                        I will take your word for it, Karta.

                        But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                        convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there. One is
                        a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                        That's what I call delusion.
                      • jodyrrr
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 4 7:12 PM
                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
                          wrote:
                          > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                          >
                          > Thanks, star

                          Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
                          according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
                          Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

                          Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
                          like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
                          She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
                          that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

                          She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
                          all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
                          and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

                          > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                          > I have no idea what you are talking about
                          > >
                          > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                          > >
                          > > cool of jody
                          >
                          > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                          >
                          > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                          > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                          > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                          > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                          > (and therefore more illusory) form.

                          > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
                        • Jason Fishman
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 5 11:01 AM

                            jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                            > > > [...]
                            > > >

                            > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                            > > >
                            > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                            > > >
                            > > >   cool of jody
                            > >
                            > > That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.
                            > >
                            > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                            > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                            > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                            > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                            > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                            >

                            > not so jody,
                            >
                            > at least with me not so
                            >
                            > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                            > in MY meditations
                            >
                            > take my word for it

                            I will take your word for it, Karta.

                            But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                            convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there.  One is
                            a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                            That's what I call delusion.

                            ---------

                            One can't even tell whats gonna happen in the next moment for certain let alone flying off to heaven or any other possibility that can be dreamt up. Maybe there really is a you to experience a heaven or some other reality. The delusion is one of the least waverable things?, well, thats for sure, I think...:-)

                            Peace and Love

                            Do you Yahoo!?
                          • Era
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 6 11:13 AM
                              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...> wrote:
                              > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                              >
                              > Thanks, star
                              >
                              > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                              > I have no idea what you are talking about
                              > >
                              > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                              > >
                              > > cool of jody
                              >
                              > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                              >
                              > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                              > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                              > of glorious meditation experience,

                              I do not indulge in my meditations