Re: [Meditation Society of America] Nasrudin Goes Fishing

  • sandeep
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
      LOL

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "medit8ionsociety" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      To: <meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 09:50 AM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Nasrudin Goes Fishing

      > A kind-hearted fellow was walking through Central Park
      > in New York and was astonished to see Nasrudin with a
      > fishing rod in hand, fishing over a beautiful bed of red
      > roses.
      >
      > "Tsk Tsk!" said the passerby to himself. "What a sad
      > sight. That poor old man is fishing over a bed of
      > flowers. I'll see if I can help." So the kind fellow
      > walked up to Nasrudin and asked, "What are you doing,
      > my friend?"
      >
      > "Fishing sir." said Nasrudin.
      > "Fishing, eh. Well how would you like to come have a
      > drink with me?"
      > Nasrudin put his rod away and followed the kind
      > stranger to the corner bar. He ordered a large glass of
      > wine and a fine cigar.
      >
      > His host, the kind fellow, felt good about helping the
      > old man, and he asked, "Tell me, old friend, how many
      > did you catch today?"
      >
      > Nasrudin took a long drag on the cigar, blew a
      > large smoke ring in the air, and replied,
      > "Well sir, you are the sixth today!"
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jim Clark
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
        Reminds me of this one:

        A man walks into a fancy restaurant, nicely dressed, orders a fabulous seven course meal with all the trimmings. After finishing, he calls the waiter over and says to him:

        "You know, it was just one year ago today that I came into this establishment, ordered a fine repast such as this, and because I didn't have the price of the meal, you threw me out into the street as though I were a common beggar!"

        Embarrassed and flustered, the waiter begins to apologize, "I'm terribly sorry sir.."

        The man interrupts, "Tut, tut, my good man, think nothing of it. But I am afraid that I am going to have to trouble you again..."