Crossing over?

  • acra@hotpop.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 25, 2004
      I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to
      understand that meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can
      anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.
    • ravin bu
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 25, 2004
        It depends what we mean by new realms. Essentially
        meditation helps one to Discover One's own self.
        In this process of discovering, one can encounter some
        experiences which might seem new but are part of our
        own selves.

        Peace

        --- acra@... wrote:
        > I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this
        > but I am to
        > understand that meditation helps one cross over into
        > other relms. Can
        > anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
      • bhalla sandeep
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 25, 2004
          Hi, i am sandeep here. now lets look at this buisness of crossing over to so called other realms. well, there are no othere realms. we are presently staying in those othere realms. the orignal state is always there, the only difference being that we do not open up the inner eye to stay perfectly in the present. as long as we take the aspect of meditation to be a process or a procedure or a method of experiencing the so called other realms, let me assure you my dear sir, we will still be no better than what we are at the present. what is required is to relinquish this mental debate, the logic and the wish to go through the so called meditative experiences. the meditative experiences in itself no different than those relating to this mundane world and they lead to an another type of bondage, so lets get over with it and the goal is right there.

          --- acra@... wrote:
          > I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this
          > but I am to
          > understand that meditation helps one cross over into
          > other relms. Can
          > anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.

        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 26, 2004
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, acra@h... wrote:
            > I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to
            > understand that meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can
            > anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.

            If you want to waste your time chasing castles in the sky, then
            there are various meditation practices that will help you find them.

            However, these forays into other realms are simply forays into more
            delusion. You are trading the delusion of being an individual in
            this realm with that of being an individual in another. What's worse,
            the mind can make up whatever it wants in these realms and then
            generate these "realities" as so-called truth. This is in effect creating
            your own path of illusion and then pulling yourself along it into ever-
            increasing depths of delusion.

            The plain and simple fact, one that is quite commonly overlooked in
            the search for exotic experience, is that who you are and what you are
            looking for are always right here, closer than your own breath, in
            your own heart, completely outside of any realm whatsoever.

            You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
            to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
            yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
            bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.

            --jody.
          • Era
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 4 12:36 PM
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, acra@h... wrote:
              > > I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to
              > > understand that meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can
              > > anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.
              >
              > If you want to waste your time chasing castles in the sky, then
              > there are various meditation practices that will help you find them.
              >
              > However, these forays into other realms are simply forays into more
              > delusion. You are trading the delusion of being an individual in
              > this realm with that of being an individual in another. What's worse,
              > the mind can make up whatever it wants in these realms and then
              > generate these "realities" as so-called truth. This is in effect creating
              > your own path of illusion and then pulling yourself along it into ever-
              > increasing depths of delusion.
              >
              > The plain and simple fact, one that is quite commonly overlooked in
              > the search for exotic experience, is that who you are and what you are
              > looking for are always right here, closer than your own breath, in
              > your own heart, completely outside of any realm whatsoever.
              >
              > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
              > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
              > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
              > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
              >
              > --jody.

              or can be looked at as other realities
              of ourselves with an opened mind

              check out

              the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site

              <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
            • Bruce Morgen
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 4 12:55 PM
                Era wrote:
[...]

                Sure, but once one's hung
                out with one aspect of
                oneself, you've pretty much
                had a sufficient dose.
                I've observed some pretty
                deep pitfalls along the
                third-eye-centric, "Light
                and Sound" paths involving
                a very high potential for
                perpetual bhaktihood and
                even delusional quasi-
                realization.  By nature,
                these practices rely very
                heavily on the honesty and
                authenticity of the
                guidance received, and such
                guidance isn't easy to find
                imo.
              • jodyrrr
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 4 2:08 PM
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                  > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, acra@h... wrote:
                  > > > I am not sure if everyone/anyone believes in this but I am to
                  > > > understand that meditation helps one cross over into other relms. Can
                  > > > anyone shed any light on that? Thanks in advance.
                  > >
                  > > If you want to waste your time chasing castles in the sky, then
                  > > there are various meditation practices that will help you find them.
                  > >
                  > > However, these forays into other realms are simply forays into more
                  > > delusion. You are trading the delusion of being an individual in
                  > > this realm with that of being an individual in another. What's worse,
                  > > the mind can make up whatever it wants in these realms and then
                  > > generate these "realities" as so-called truth. This is in effect creating
                  > > your own path of illusion and then pulling yourself along it into ever-
                  > > increasing depths of delusion.
                  > >
                  > > The plain and simple fact, one that is quite commonly overlooked in
                  > > the search for exotic experience, is that who you are and what you are
                  > > looking for are always right here, closer than your own breath, in
                  > > your own heart, completely outside of any realm whatsoever.
                  > >
                  > > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
                  > > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
                  > > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
                  > > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
                  > >
                  > > --jody.
                  >

                  > or can be looked at as other realities
                  > of ourselves with an opened mind
                  >
                  > check out
                  >
                  > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
                  >
                  > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

                  I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
                  nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
                  able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.

                  The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
                  kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
                  To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
                  coming from.

                  So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
                  as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
                  after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
                  they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
                  is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
                  tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
                  existential fact.
                • Era
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 4 2:30 PM
                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@j..=
                    .> wrote:

                    accra:

[...]

                    era: or can be looked at as other realities
                    of ourselves with an opened mind

                    check out

                    the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site

                    <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>

                    bruce:

                    Sure, but once one's hung
                    out with one aspect of
                    oneself, you've pretty much
                    had a sufficient dose.
                    I've observed some pretty
                    deep pitfalls along the
                    third-eye-centric, "Light
                    and Sound" paths involving
                    a very high potential for
                    perpetual bhaktihood and
                    even delusional quasi-
                    realization.

                    heh

                    I must agree here Bruce

                    but meditation is still important

                    imho

                    By nature,
                    these practices rely very
                    heavily on the honesty and
                    authenticity of the
                    guidance received, and such
                    guidance isn't easy to find

                    imo.
                  • Era
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 4 2:48 PM
                      [...]
                      > > > You don't need to go anywhere else except right here, right now
                      > > > to find yourself. In fact, that is the only place you *can* find
                      > > > yourself. All you'll find in the other realms is more of the same
                      > > > bullshit you find in this one, only less solid and more illusory.
                      > > >
                      > > > --jody.
                      > >

                      > > or can be looked at as other realities
                      > > of ourselves with an opened mind
                      > >
                      > > check out
                      > >
                      > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
                      > >
                      > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
                      >
                      > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
                      > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
                      > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
                      >
                      > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
                      > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
                      > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
                      > coming from.
                      >
                      > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
                      > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
                      > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
                      > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
                      > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
                      > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
                      > existential fact.

                      I have no idea what you are talking about

                      I am happy with the Naam meditation

                      cool of jody
                    • jodyrrr
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 4 2:55 PM
                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                        > [...]
                        > > >

                        > > > or can be looked at as other realities
                        > > > of ourselves with an opened mind
                        > > >
                        > > > check out
                        > > >
                        > > > the Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation site
                        > > >
                        > > > <http://santmat-meditation.net/yoga/meditation.html>
                        > >
                        > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
                        > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
                        > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
                        > >
                        > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
                        > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
                        > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
                        > > coming from.
                        > >
                        > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
                        > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
                        > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
                        > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
                        > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
                        > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
                        > > existential fact.
                        >

                        > I have no idea what you are talking about
                        >
                        > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                        >
                        > cool of jody

                        That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.

                        However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                        see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                        of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                        delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                        (and therefore more illusory) form.
                      • Bruce Morgen
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 4 3:10 PM
                          jodyrrr wrote:
[...]

                          Moreover, the ultimate gist
                          of meditation is not that
                          you necessarily be "happy"
                          with the practice itself,
                          but rather the direct
                          discovery of true nature,
                          regardless of what that
                          entails emotionally.

                          Time to trot out a tried
                          true Krishnamurti quote:

                          "Meditation is not the
                          repetition of the word, nor
                          the experiencing of a vision,
                          nor the cultivating of
                          silence.  The bead and the
                          word do quieten the
                          chattering mind, but this is
                          a form of self-hypnosis.  You
                          might as well take a pill."
                        • Era
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 4 4:42 PM
                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                            > > [...]
                            > > >
                            > > > I find the sound and light paths to be full of theosophical
                            > > > nonsense, and all that you end up with is a tendency to be
                            > > > able to psychotically imagine all sorts of delusional bullshit.
                            > > >
                            > > > The simple truth of your own being stands outside of any
                            > > > kind of sense experience, whether of this world or the next.
                            > > > To the jnani, it is all Maya, no matter where it's supposedly
                            > > > coming from.
                            > > >
                            > > > So, I reject Sant Mat and the other sound and light paths
                            > > > as theosophical nonsense, promoted by those who are only
                            > > > after name and fame in the form of being able to say that
                            > > > they visit heaven on a regular basis. What they are "visiting"
                            > > > is a state of mind projected as delusion by a conditioned
                            > > > tendency to accept the mind's imaginings as some kind of
                            > > > existential fact.
                            > >

                            > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                            > >
                            > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                            > >
                            > > cool of jody
                            >
                            > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                            >
                            > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                            > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                            > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                            > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                            > (and therefore more illusory) form.

                            not so jody,

                            at least with me not so

                            I am getting cleaned of delusions
                            in MY meditations

                            take my word for it
                          • star fall
                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 4 5:44 PM
                              Delurking to ask a question.  What do you mean by "Maya"?

                              Thanks, star

                              jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:
                               I have no idea what you are talking about

                              > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                              >
                              >   cool of jody

                              That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.

                              However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                              see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                              of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                              delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                              (and therefore more illusory) form.

                              Do you Yahoo!?

                            • jodyrrr
                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 4 7:04 PM
                                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                                > > > [...]
                                > > >

                                > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                                > > >
                                > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                                > > >
                                > > > cool of jody
                                > >
                                > > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                                > >
                                > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                                > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                                > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                                > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                                > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                                >

                                > not so jody,
                                >
                                > at least with me not so
                                >
                                > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                                > in MY meditations
                                >
                                > take my word for it

                                I will take your word for it, Karta.

                                But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                                convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there. One is
                                a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                                That's what I call delusion.
                              • jodyrrr
                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 4 7:12 PM
                                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...>
                                  wrote:
                                  > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                                  >
                                  > Thanks, star

                                  Maya is the projecting power of the manifesting principle, Shakti,
                                  according to shakta tantra. Maya is the "covering" over 'this', or
                                  Nirguna Brahman, which we all are as the Atman.

                                  Maya is the world of name and form, which is essentially illusory,
                                  like a dream to that which dwells in the secret chamber of the heart.
                                  She is the deluding power in humanity, the presence of everything
                                  that conditions a mind to believe it's an individual.

                                  She is the veil that keeps us from knowing ourselves as we are at
                                  all times, the Self. She's the one that will eventually move aside
                                  and allow you to know yourself as you really are.

                                  > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                                  > I have no idea what you are talking about
                                  > >
                                  > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                                  > >
                                  > > cool of jody
                                  >
                                  > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                                  >
                                  > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                                  > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                                  > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                                  > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                                  > (and therefore more illusory) form.

                                  > Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
                                • Jason Fishman
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 5 11:01 AM

                                    jodyrrr <jodyrrr@...> wrote:

                                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                                    > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era" <satkarta7@j...> wrote:
                                    > > > [...]
                                    > > >

                                    > > > I have no idea what you are talking about
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                                    > > >
                                    > > >   cool of jody
                                    > >
                                    > > That's good Karta.  Whatever floats your boat.
                                    > >
                                    > > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                                    > > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya.  So, if you have some kind
                                    > > of glorious meditation experience, that's just more of the
                                    > > delusion of the world coming at you, only in a more subtle
                                    > > (and therefore more illusory) form.
                                    >

                                    > not so jody,
                                    >
                                    > at least with me not so
                                    >
                                    > I am getting cleaned of delusions
                                    > in MY meditations
                                    >
                                    > take my word for it

                                    I will take your word for it, Karta.

                                    But I've got to tell you, I know two individuals who are completely
                                    convinced that they fly to heaven and hang out there.  One is
                                    a proponent of Sant Mat, the other of Eckankar.

                                    That's what I call delusion.

                                    ---------

                                    One can't even tell whats gonna happen in the next moment for certain let alone flying off to heaven or any other possibility that can be dreamt up. Maybe there really is a you to experience a heaven or some other reality. The delusion is one of the least waverable things?, well, thats for sure, I think...:-)

                                    Peace and Love

                                    Do you Yahoo!?
                                  • Era
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Mar 6 11:13 AM
                                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, star fall <starsspinning@y...> wrote:
                                      > Delurking to ask a question. What do you mean by "Maya"?
                                      >
                                      > Thanks, star
                                      >
                                      > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                                      > I have no idea what you are talking about
                                      > >
                                      > > I am happy with the Naam meditation
                                      > >
                                      > > cool of jody
                                      >
                                      > That's good Karta. Whatever floats your boat.
                                      >
                                      > However, I'd like to point out that *ANYTHING* that you can
                                      > see, hear, or feel is only more Maya. So, if you have some kind
                                      > of glorious meditation experience,

                                      I do not indulge in my meditations