Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Pallavi's question [Sandeep]

  • sandeep
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Gene Poole" <gene_poole@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 02:29 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Pallavi's question [Sandeep]

      > >sandeep <sandeepc@b...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Gene,
      > >

      > Hi Sandeep... thanks for your reply.
      >
      > I have
      digested it. (burp!)

      :-)

      You are welcome.

      > Here is this:

      href="http://texaschapbookpress.com/filicide01preface.htm">http://texaschapbookpress.com/filicide01preface.htm

      > From there:
      >
      > "Both the
      revolutionary and the reactionary find it possible to
      > act bloodily and
      to justify their actions through an extreme form of
      > identification with
      various patterns of violence. The revolutionary
      > has an answer to the
      world's problems and attempts to make the
      > world over into that answer.
      The reactionary  finds the status quo
      > pleasantly worthwhile and
      strives mightily to defend it.

      Yes, both accept the independent existential reality of that, ..............which one wants to change and the other wishes to resist any change to that.

      The rebel and the establishment,...........both as much identified.

      > One of the
      > pitfalls in the
      process of discriminating violences is the
      > construction of one's
      personality in such a way that the
      > personality comes to equate itself
      with the very act of
      > discrimination.

      Or to put it in another way,.........a prevailing sense of discrimination along with an associated sense of a stake with the discrimnation, ..............is the sense of the person.

      The body-mind organism, wired for survival and perpetuation does discriminate between what it senses as a threat to it's survival or what it senses as an opportunity to "malfunction some wardrobe" (appropriate pheromones gets exuded, in either case )

      The body fears and lusts, but is not anxious with either.

      The failure to address the fear may prove painful for the body,.............the loss of an opportunity for some nookey may mean raging hormones......but "suffering" is an alien concept for the body.

      Suffering being connoted as the sense of 'WHY ME",................. at the advent of pain.

      Suffering, anxiety, insecurity, anguish,........... need to seek/achieve/attain/obtain,.................the pleasures of the persona.

      "So we take the process of perception one     step farther and call it
      > "apperception." Apperception may be understood
      as     doubly removed
      > self-consciousness. Put
      another way, it is thinking thinking about
      > thinking. It is a
      nonjudgmental rendering of the self in all its
      > facets, both violent and
      nonviolent. We arrive again at paradox:
      > it is the self observed
      and--another Western     heresy--not
      > interfered
      with. (The Heisenberg Principle is only an externalization
      > of filicidal
      violence down to the quantum realm.)"

      Apperception, is as much a conceptual term as the terms, realization, awakening, understanding, enlightenment.

      It is a mere pointing,................. to a perceiving,...............without a perceiver thereof.

      A perceiving of the immanence,...............in simultaneous transcendence.