Re: Pallavi's question [Sandeep]

  • Gene Poole
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
      >sandeep <sandeepc@b...> wrote:

      > Deception,
      >
      > manipulations,
      >
      > modus-operandi,
      >
      > guilt,
      >
      > intentions,
      >
      > canniness deciphering through canniness,
      >
      > true compassion versus shame,
      >
      > needing a context to reply to a kid ....
      >

      > ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.
      >

      > The making of the presentation, the collection of the pictures, using the contrast
      between an ice-cream and survival,....sure,... that is savy young mind at work.

      > It is not a bewildered presentation.

      No?

      Think again, wise one.

      On an email list, an esteemed person (you)
      posts what is claimed to be a presentation
      composed by a 12 YO girl; and this becomes
      an issue in itself, which it should be.

      Sandeep, what is going on with you? Do you
      imagine that you can or do control how any
      posting is received?

      Do you imagine that responses which are at
      variance with what you want to hear, are somehow
      indicative of flaws or shortcomings in the respondent?

      My comment was that I have no proof that this
      PP was actually made by a 12 YO girl; and that is
      still an issue for me. I have no proof that you have
      'hugged her' as she experienced her perplexity.

      Frankly, as seen from here, the issue of 'what you
      (Sandeep) are up to, is an important one.

      Are you trying to bring up in the reader, resonance
      with the suffering of the endangered and deprived?

      I am sorry to say, that no such effort is required in
      my case. I am fully 'resonant' with the plight of the
      suffering innocents of this world. I am 'sorry to say',
      for the simple reason that I wish that I too were 'innocent';
      but, it is too late for me. I may not be 'innocent' in the
      same way as the putative suffering 12 YO girl, but neither
      am I 'guilty' of causing her any suffering.

      So what the hell is up with you, Sandeep? Where is your
      usual 'doo be doo be doo' non-attachment. and why do
      you now hold everyone to your unstated standards of
      morality?

      These are serious questions from me, Sandeep; please
      let me know. Please post your answer here.

      12YO girls... kittens, puppies, dead babies and ice cream;
      are those REALLY the imagery which are relevant to a 12YO
      girl, in a 3rd world country?

      Thank you...

      ==Gene Poole==
    • Onniko
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep
        <sandeepc@b...> wrote:
        > Deception,
        >
        > manipulations,
        >
        > modus-operandi,
        >
        > guilt,
        >
        > intentions,
        >
        > canniness deciphering through canniness,
        >
        > true compassion versus shame,
        >
        > needing a context to reply to a kid ....
        >

        > ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.
        >

        > The making of the presentation, the collection of the pictures,
        using the contrast between an ice-cream and survival,....sure,...
        that is savy young mind at work.

        > It is not a bewildered presentation.
        >
        > The bewilderment is in Pallavi seeing her world, as she sees
        it, ..........where,........ in her words "if I am not asking for
        someone else's ice-cream, why cannot I be left alive, unhurt and not
        hungry, and with my Papa".

        > Yes Jason, it was/is essentially for her,........ " Why has it to
        be this way?"

        > If anybody has an answer for Pallavi and you are moved to
        articulate it,..........do so.

        > The rest of the load of crap,............... just uses up band-
        width.

        > Thank you Melody
        > Why am I not suprised that you, if at all you would
        respond, ..........it would be to Pallavi....:-).

        > Nina, what was my answer?
        >
        > Nothing.Or not in words.
        >
        > I just held Pallavi in my arms, till her sobs ceased.

        *v* Oh? Are you saying that there is a real Pallavi which you
        personally know and who was crying over the children who did
        not have peace and creature comforts?

        That surprizes me because I've seen many children around that age
        who have made art of the public appeals variety and they were as far
        from crying as is they were lying on the beach licking a
        cone. Not to say they were callous, but rather that they
        felt very good about what they did to help make everyone see
        the injustice that they so recently learned to see.

        Their feeling for the children they depicted was never sorrow,
        but was in a way, more of a detached compassion for
        something they felt the old people in power needed to
        be reminded of. Those children would have seen a hug as
        an insult to their intelligence, or a typical adult
        brushing off of the 'poor sad little kid', a very patronizing
        response to what they felt was their very insightful media efforts.

        Actually, if there was a Pallavi who reads in here
        I'd want to tell you that you did a great job in putting that
        thought provolking public service announcement together. It
        is artistically pleasing as well as remaining clear and to the
        point while holding the interest of the viewer. The use of
        the question was smart because it makes the viewer think,
        whereas so often the authority method of script turns people
        off. Nice presentation, Pallavi.
      • sandeep
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004

          saying that there is a real Pallavi which you
          > personally know and who
          was crying over the children who did
          > not have peace and creature
          comforts?

          Yes.
          And it is more about the consequences for children caught in war zones and conflict situation, rather than of endemic deprivations.

          > That surprizes me because I've seen many
          children around that age  who have made art of the public appeals variety and they >were as far  from crying as is they were lying on the beach licking a cone. Not to say they were callous, but rather that they

          felt very good about what they did to help make everyone see the injustice that they so recently learned to see.

          > Their feeling for the children they depicted was
          never sorrow, but was in a way, more of a detached compassion for

          something they felt the old people in power needed to be reminded of. Those children would have seen a hug as
          > an insult to their intelligence, or a
          typical adult brushing off of the 'poor sad little kid', a very patronizing
          > response to what they felt was their very insightful media
          efforts.

          That indeed is also a typical response.

          In this case, it was different.

          > Actually, if there was a Pallavi who reads
          in here
          > I'd want to tell you that you did a great job in putting
          that
          > thought provolking public service announcement together. It

          is artistically pleasing as well as remaining clear and to the
          > point
          while holding the interest of the viewer. The use of
          > the question was
          smart because it makes the viewer think,
          > whereas so often the authority
          method of script turns people
          > off. Nice presentation,
          Pallavi.

          No Pallavi is not subbed to this List or any List for that matter.

          I will convey your thoughts to her.