Re: [Meditation Society of America] re: The Rose/B

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
      freyjartist@... wrote:
      B:<<Ah, but "a response from the
      heart" *can't* "be generated."
      Such a response cannot be
      stifled by suspicion or any
      other attempt to guard or
      horde something that's is, in
      fact, illusory, time-bound.>>

      F: In ultimate terms, yes, I agree with that.

      B:<<My insight into Sandeepji's
      m.o. has no effect on my love
      for him >>

      F: You mean you had an insight about
      an m.o. that Sandeep would have as a means to an end??
      A fair assessment.

      Why would your insight have any effect
      on your love for him?  I didn't say
      anything about that.  I thought we
      resolved that earlier.  Did you see that
      long post where I responded to you?

      Not sure what you're referring
      to.

      B:<<-- we certainly agree
      and commune over much more
      than we disagree or contend.
      It's a melodramatic, kinetic
      lyric, but its implication
      that insight and savvy about
      nominally interpersonal
      matters preclude open-
      heartedness in relationship
      is false.>>

      F:I was never talking about you and him,
      or anyone else and him.
      The lyric has certain clear
      implications, but of course
      these can be amplified or
      extended by the reader's
      inferences.

      I simply asked, you, Bruce, not anyone else,
      if there was a reason
      to keep the thought/belief that Sandeep
      has an m.o. to illicit a certain response.
      There is no reason to "keep"
      any "thought/belief," and no
      effective way to do so
      either!
      From there, everyone continued to defend their
      positions.

      B: <<Understanding the
      human psyche is compassion's
      wise advisor, not its enemy.>>

      F: I never said that it was its enemy.

      I am only attempting to illustrate
      that there isn't any one m.o.
      in any situation,
      and whatever we think we understand
      about the human psyche, it doesn't
      end there.  I never met anyone who knows
      me better than I know myself in this moment.
      I don't contend for a moment
      that Sandeepji doesn't know
      exactly what he did and why,
      and I certainly don't claim
      to know more on that account
      than he does.  What he
      reveals concerning this is
      of course up to him.

      That word 'specious' is pretty
      darned specious, imo

      ;-)

      B: Does that mean you're suh-specious
      of my intention(s) to use it?>>

      F: No, I'm not. You are entitled to your opinion
      of what has merit or not.
      In the final analysis, imo, everything has
      merit or some kind of worth, so I would be hard pressed
      to say anything was specious, or had
      no merit at all, even in duality.
      OK, opinion noted :-)

      I just probably would never use it.
      You seem to like the word,  and if it works
      for what you are trying to convey,
      please use it and enjoy it!

      I hear and obey!
      ~~freyja

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • freyjartist@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
        F:  Why would your insight have any effect
        on your love for him?  I didn't say
        anything about that.  I thought we
        resolved that earlier.  Did you see that
        long post where I responded to you?

        B:  Not sure what you're referring
        to.

        F:  post # 12654

        I just probably would never use it.
        You seem to like the word,  and if it works
        for what you are trying to convey,
        please use it and enjoy it!>>

        I hear and obey!>

        OK, "Lightheart"!