lucid dreaming - the joke is on me

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
      Last night while dreaming I awoke to the fact that I
      was dreaming, and unlike other instances of these occurances,
      I was in the mind of having some fun. But first, I had to
      make absolute sure I was dreaming (isn't it funny how the
      mind works!)... so I thought "I'll pinch myself, and..."
      I don't recall what I thought this pinch would prove,
      or how it would prove it, probably something about, if
      the pinch 'isn't real', then I must be dreaming. Well, I
      bit my thumb hard enough to draw blood, but all I felt
      was some low-grade pressure, and I thought: "Well, yeehaw!"
      (Actually text modified for Bobby G.'s sake.) From there
      on out, it was me acting out fantasies of being Neo from
      the Matrix, zooming around like a housefly around a futuristic
      version of the city where I live.

      The very funny aspect of this is - that my 'gut' was
      still reacting to the wild flight. I recall the seasickness
      went away the moment I pointed out to myself that it was
      a dream, and I didn't need to feel seasick. I also recall it
      was around that time that it came to me that I didn't need
      to remain flying 'among' those buildings, but I could actually
      fly into and through something, no, I could plummet to the
      ground and into it!

      Crazy to think this, but as I fell, I kept having to remind
      myself that it was a dream. Hehe, and, admittedly, I didn't
      have the guts to keep my eyes open in that moment that I
      fell into the ground. I did, however, peek through one slitted
      eye, just to make sure I was in that brown soil, still
      'flying'.

      What a hilarious thing, to see the workings of two minds
      together, and how they 'just don't get each other', despite
      'reason'. Hehe...

      Nina
    • Gregory Goode
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
        At 02:52 PM 2/3/2004 +0000, Nina wrote:
        >Crazy to think this, but as I fell, I kept having to remind
        >myself that it was a dream. Hehe, and, admittedly, I didn't
        >have the guts to keep my eyes open in that moment that I
        >fell into the ground. I did, however, peek through one slitted
        >eye, just to make sure I was in that brown soil, still
        >'flying'.

        I saw BUFFALO SOLDIERS the other night. Joaquin Phoenix's character always dreamt of falling from the sky. And in these dreams, he actually landed.

        Many years ago when I was looking into subtle phenomena (like dreams) to see it they carried a more refined truth than waking state experiences, I had a remarkable dream. It was a dream in which I had a lucid dream. When I awoke from this dreamed dream (dream 2), I was still in dream 1. In it, I had the experience of the interpenetrability of all levels of consciousness, and was walking around a futuristic shopping center. And when I awoke from dream 1 back to the "waking state," this feeling remained, and my questions about greater truths on more subtle levels were resolved.

        --Greg
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Goode
          <goode@d...> wrote:
          > At 02:52 PM 2/3/2004 +0000, Nina wrote:
          > >Crazy to think this, but as I fell, I kept having to remind
          > >myself that it was a dream. Hehe, and, admittedly, I didn't
          > >have the guts to keep my eyes open in that moment that I
          > >fell into the ground. I did, however, peek through one slitted
          > >eye, just to make sure I was in that brown soil, still
          > >'flying'.
          >

          > I saw BUFFALO SOLDIERS the other night. Joaquin Phoenix's
          character always dreamt of falling from the sky. And in these
          dreams, he actually landed.

          > Many years ago when I was looking into subtle phenomena (like
          dreams) to see it they carried a more refined truth than waking state
          experiences, I had a remarkable dream. It was a dream in which I had
          a lucid dream. When I awoke from this dreamed dream (dream 2), I was
          still in dream 1. In it, I had the experience of the
          interpenetrability of all levels of consciousness, and was walking
          around a futuristic shopping center. And when I awoke from dream 1
          back to the "waking state," this feeling remained, and my questions
          about greater truths on more subtle levels were resolved.

          > --Greg

          Thanks for sharing that, Greg. It reminds me of nested Russian dolls
          viewing each other with xray eyes. If you are moved to, further
          elaboration would be welcomed...
          Nina