nasrudin becomes a steward

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2002
      The Nasrudin got a job on the railways as a steward one
      summer, and the first day he accompanied another steward to learn
      the ropes. "It's very simple," said his tutor, "just use
      diplomacy."

      "What's diplomacy?" asked Nasrudin , unsure of what the steward-in-charge
      meant.

      "Watch me, I'll show you," said the steward-in-charge.

      Off they went down the train corridor, rattling compartment
      doors, opening them with special keys and offering tea or coffee.
      When the tutor steward flung open one door, he was confronted
      with a buck-naked woman. Without batting an eyelid he asked, "Tea
      or coffee, sir?"

      The surprised woman took the cup of tea and he shut the door.

      "Wow, did you see that cutie?" said Nasrudin
      excitedly. "She had no clothes on! But hey, why did you call
      her 'sir'?"

      "That's diplomacy! I did not want to embarrass her,"
      said his tutor.

      Nasrudin was most impressed with his teacher. The next
      day, on his own now, he flung open a door to a compartment and
      found a couple making love on the bed.

      "Tea or coffee, sir?"

      "Tea," the man replied.

      "And for your brother?"