[Meditation Society of America] Re: Sandeep's question

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep
      <sandeepc@b...> wrote:
      > Deception,
      >
      > manipulations,
      >
      > modus-operandi,
      >
      > guilt,
      >
      > intentions,
      >
      > canniness deciphering through canniness,
      >
      > true compassion versus shame,
      >
      > needing a context to reply to a kid ....
      >

      > ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.

      Nope, all from your initial refusal to reply to
      my simple question. All from your initial turning
      of that question back around on me. If you wonder
      why that is, you might look to why you felt you
      had to hide your answer and could not write it
      flat-out as an accompaniment to your original post.
      Even saying, "Nothing. Or, not in words," would have
      sufficed.

      We weren't replying to Pallavi, as you had to. We were
      replying to your post, which you did not want to
      take responsibility for. Your choice, but don't go
      berating us for a perception of heartlessness.
      It was a psychological game, where the
      question is offered up as a way to force the outing
      of another's strategy, and where you, and anyone
      who expressed a heartrend or an appropriate
      'what is arising' answer, would win. Sandeep, from
      what I have seen of you on these lists, you are
      way too smart to not realize this action.

      Pretty much, you replied 'as expected'...
      from the 'high horse'... after everyone else
      had 'stuck their horse necks out'... and with
      the summary dismissal of everyone else's
      'replies'.

      Bandwidth doesn't discriminate between
      horse shit and helpfulness.

      Have the nicest of days, really.

      Nina

      > The making of the presentation, the collection of the pictures,
      using the contrast between an ice-cream and survival,....sure,...
      that is savy young mind at work.

      > It is not a bewildered presentation.
      >
      > The bewilderment is in Pallavi seeing her world, as she sees
      it, ..........where,........ in her words "if I am not asking for
      someone else's ice-cream, why cannot I be left alive, unhurt and not
      hungry, and with my Papa".

      > Yes Jason, it was/is essentially for her,........ " Why has it to
      be this way?"

      > If anybody has an answer for Pallavi and you are moved to
      articulate it,..........do so.

      > The rest of the load of crap,............... just uses up band-
      width.

      > Thank you Melody
      > Why am I not suprised that you, if at all you would
      respond, ..........it would be to Pallavi....:-).

    • wrmspirit@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
        Bandwidth doesn't discriminate between
        horse shit and helpfulness.

        Have the nicest of days, really.

        Nina

        The release of horse shit becomes helpful for a constipated horse who cares not that another may step in it.......For the fly it becomes attractive, for the shoe, a nuisance, for the earth, fertilizer...
      • sandeep
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
            <sandeepc@b...> wrote:

> [...]

            I'd probably give her a hug and tell her I don't have an answer.

            Nina
          • sandeep
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004

              From: "Nina" <
              murrkis@y...>
              <
              meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com>
              > > Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 06:25
              PM
              > > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Sandeep's
              question

              > > > Have
              the nicest of days, really.

              > > > Nina
              > >

              > > Thank you Nina.
              > >
              > > Do
              you have anything to say for Pallavi?

              > I'd probably give her a
              hug and tell her I don't have an answer.

              > Nina

              Thank you.

            • Gene Poole
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
                >sandeep <sandeepc@b...> wrote:

                > Deception,
                >
                > manipulations,
                >
                > modus-operandi,
                >
                > guilt,
                >
                > intentions,
                >
                > canniness deciphering through canniness,
                >
                > true compassion versus shame,
                >
                > needing a context to reply to a kid ....
                >

                > ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.
                >

                > The making of the presentation, the collection of the pictures, using the contrast
                between an ice-cream and survival,....sure,... that is savy young mind at work.

                > It is not a bewildered presentation.

                No?

                Think again, wise one.

                On an email list, an esteemed person (you)
                posts what is claimed to be a presentation
                composed by a 12 YO girl; and this becomes
                an issue in itself, which it should be.

                Sandeep, what is going on with you? Do you
                imagine that you can or do control how any
                posting is received?

                Do you imagine that responses which are at
                variance with what you want to hear, are somehow
                indicative of flaws or shortcomings in the respondent?

                My comment was that I have no proof that this
                PP was actually made by a 12 YO girl; and that is
                still an issue for me. I have no proof that you have
                'hugged her' as she experienced her perplexity.

                Frankly, as seen from here, the issue of 'what you
                (Sandeep) are up to, is an important one.

                Are you trying to bring up in the reader, resonance
                with the suffering of the endangered and deprived?

                I am sorry to say, that no such effort is required in
                my case. I am fully 'resonant' with the plight of the
                suffering innocents of this world. I am 'sorry to say',
                for the simple reason that I wish that I too were 'innocent';
                but, it is too late for me. I may not be 'innocent' in the
                same way as the putative suffering 12 YO girl, but neither
                am I 'guilty' of causing her any suffering.

                So what the hell is up with you, Sandeep? Where is your
                usual 'doo be doo be doo' non-attachment. and why do
                you now hold everyone to your unstated standards of
                morality?

                These are serious questions from me, Sandeep; please
                let me know. Please post your answer here.

                12YO girls... kittens, puppies, dead babies and ice cream;
                are those REALLY the imagery which are relevant to a 12YO
                girl, in a 3rd world country?

                Thank you...

                ==Gene Poole==
              • Onniko
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
                  <sandeepc@b...> wrote:
                  > Deception,
                  >
                  > manipulations,
                  >
                  > modus-operandi,
                  >
                  > guilt,
                  >
                  > intentions,
                  >
                  > canniness deciphering through canniness,
                  >
                  > true compassion versus shame,
                  >
                  > needing a context to reply to a kid ....
                  >

                  > ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.
                  >

                  > The making of the presentation, the collection of the pictures,
                  using the contrast between an ice-cream and survival,....sure,...
                  that is savy young mind at work.

                  > It is not a bewildered presentation.
                  >
                  > The bewilderment is in Pallavi seeing her world, as she sees
                  it, ..........where,........ in her words "if I am not asking for
                  someone else's ice-cream, why cannot I be left alive, unhurt and not
                  hungry, and with my Papa".

                  > Yes Jason, it was/is essentially for her,........ " Why has it to
                  be this way?"

                  > If anybody has an answer for Pallavi and you are moved to
                  articulate it,..........do so.

                  > The rest of the load of crap,............... just uses up band-
                  width.

                  > Thank you Melody
                  > Why am I not suprised that you, if at all you would
                  respond, ..........it would be to Pallavi....:-).

                  > Nina, what was my answer?
                  >
                  > Nothing.Or not in words.
                  >
                  > I just held Pallavi in my arms, till her sobs ceased.

                  *v* Oh? Are you saying that there is a real Pallavi which you
                  personally know and who was crying over the children who did
                  not have peace and creature comforts?

                  That surprizes me because I've seen many children around that age
                  who have made art of the public appeals variety and they were as far
                  from crying as is they were lying on the beach licking a
                  cone. Not to say they were callous, but rather that they
                  felt very good about what they did to help make everyone see
                  the injustice that they so recently learned to see.

                  Their feeling for the children they depicted was never sorrow,
                  but was in a way, more of a detached compassion for
                  something they felt the old people in power needed to
                  be reminded of. Those children would have seen a hug as
                  an insult to their intelligence, or a typical adult
                  brushing off of the 'poor sad little kid', a very patronizing
                  response to what they felt was their very insightful media efforts.

                  Actually, if there was a Pallavi who reads in here
                  I'd want to tell you that you did a great job in putting that
                  thought provolking public service announcement together. It
                  is artistically pleasing as well as remaining clear and to the
                  point while holding the interest of the viewer. The use of
                  the question was smart because it makes the viewer think,
                  whereas so often the authority method of script turns people
                  off. Nice presentation, Pallavi.
                • sandeep
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004

                    saying that there is a real Pallavi which you
                    > personally know and who
                    was crying over the children who did
                    > not have peace and creature
                    comforts?

                    Yes.
                    And it is more about the consequences for children caught in war zones and conflict situation, rather than of endemic deprivations.

                    > That surprizes me because I've seen many
                    children around that age  who have made art of the public appeals variety and they >were as far  from crying as is they were lying on the beach licking a cone. Not to say they were callous, but rather that they

                    felt very good about what they did to help make everyone see the injustice that they so recently learned to see.

                    > Their feeling for the children they depicted was
                    never sorrow, but was in a way, more of a detached compassion for

                    something they felt the old people in power needed to be reminded of. Those children would have seen a hug as
                    > an insult to their intelligence, or a
                    typical adult brushing off of the 'poor sad little kid', a very patronizing
                    > response to what they felt was their very insightful media
                    efforts.

                    That indeed is also a typical response.

                    In this case, it was different.

                    > Actually, if there was a Pallavi who reads
                    in here
                    > I'd want to tell you that you did a great job in putting
                    that
                    > thought provolking public service announcement together. It

                    is artistically pleasing as well as remaining clear and to the
                    > point
                    while holding the interest of the viewer. The use of
                    > the question was
                    smart because it makes the viewer think,
                    > whereas so often the authority
                    method of script turns people
                    > off. Nice presentation,
                    Pallavi.

                    No Pallavi is not subbed to this List or any List for that matter.

                    I will convey your thoughts to her.