Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Pallavi's question

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004

      sandeep <sandeepc@...> wrote:
      Deception,

      manipulations,

      modus-operandi,

      guilt,

      intentions,

      canniness deciphering through canniness,

      true compassion versus shame,

      needing a context to reply to a kid ....

      ___ Yup all this on a meditation group, none the less. Simply ironic.

      ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.

      The making of the presentation, the collection of the pictures, using the contrast between an ice-cream and survival,....sure,... that is savy young mind at work.

      It is not a  bewildered presentation.

      The bewilderment is in Pallavi seeing her world, as she sees it, ..........where,........ in her words "if I am not asking for someone else's ice-cream, why cannot I be left alive, unhurt and not hungry, and with my Papa".

      Yes Jason, it was/is essentially for her,........ " Why has it to be this way?"

      __ I think it's essentially that way for alot of people or maybe even ALL people. The driving question "why" moves people daily.

      If anybody has an answer for Pallavi and you are moved to articulate it,..........do so.

      __ As far as the answer, a ditto from me on Melody's post.

      The rest of the load of crap,............... just uses up band-width.

      Thank you Melody
      Why am I not suprised that you, if at all you would respond, ..........it would be to Pallavi....:-).

      Nina, what was my answer?

      Nothing.Or not in words.

      I just held Pallavi in my arms, till her sobs ceased.

      Maybe, some other time, words may be needed.

      I will await for that need, the moment of that need and for the words to arise in that moment.

      If they do.

      ___ Moving words, Moreso then the presentation.

      Jason, you were intrigued why that file to this List and not to others.
      It has got uploaded to a few more.
      Any particular one that you feel I have missed?

      ___ Not really, I'm not on many to take note. Your post would have gotten picked apart on most of the others, if it hadn't simply been somewhat ignored. The real problem is, it's not MY problem. Non-dual or religious schema aside.

      To most on the Democracy List, I had sent as personal emails. Many bounced back, after hours of uploading time.
      Hence decided the List route.

      __ Makes sense. I was curious if there was an instinct that there might be people more moved to write thier hearts here, then say over at the ranch. Not important just curious.

      I tend to think there is a great deal of dishonesty, here, there and everywhere. I think there is a buch of liars in among self-inquirers, among the politics of social behavior, I think it's not MY problem, knowing full well whats at play, is the biggest lie one can tell, along with playing out that lie as it trickles through the world.

      Since the issue was brought up as to intention here, I really could give a crap where it came from. Only that it's truthful, that it is what everyone deals with, whittingly or not, daily. Unless of course one is in a coma ;-)

      Do I think this has been going on for centuries? yup!

      Do I think it has gotten better since the cavemen? Absolutely no doubt, it has. Much farther away we are then survival of the fittest. I really don't have to do much and someone somewhere will "help" me out. Which at some point will be my reality, if I live that long.

      I typically see a continued clawing at the bounderies that keep us at odds, that keep this play of money/stuff/power, deforrestation, sucking up natural resources (irresponsibly), screwing up the enviroment, etc. etc. We have tons more to learn, no doubt...Hopefully we KEEP trying at it, trying to be more honest, more in tune with what keeps us living "creatures" on this planet. There is one thing for certain to me is I'm gonna die as a human body, best live as freely as a human body as I can (as responsibly as I can), without hindering "other" human bodies desire to live as well. Otherwise we mine as well blow the whole damn place up!

      YEA, YEA... I've heard it said a billion times too... And so it goes...

      Peace and Love

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep
        <sandeepc@b...> wrote:
        > Deception,
        >
        > manipulations,
        >
        > modus-operandi,
        >
        > guilt,
        >
        > intentions,
        >
        > canniness deciphering through canniness,
        >
        > true compassion versus shame,
        >
        > needing a context to reply to a kid ....
        >

        > ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.

        Nope, all from your initial refusal to reply to
        my simple question. All from your initial turning
        of that question back around on me. If you wonder
        why that is, you might look to why you felt you
        had to hide your answer and could not write it
        flat-out as an accompaniment to your original post.
        Even saying, "Nothing. Or, not in words," would have
        sufficed.

        We weren't replying to Pallavi, as you had to. We were
        replying to your post, which you did not want to
        take responsibility for. Your choice, but don't go
        berating us for a perception of heartlessness.
        It was a psychological game, where the
        question is offered up as a way to force the outing
        of another's strategy, and where you, and anyone
        who expressed a heartrend or an appropriate
        'what is arising' answer, would win. Sandeep, from
        what I have seen of you on these lists, you are
        way too smart to not realize this action.

        Pretty much, you replied 'as expected'...
        from the 'high horse'... after everyone else
        had 'stuck their horse necks out'... and with
        the summary dismissal of everyone else's
        'replies'.

        Bandwidth doesn't discriminate between
        horse shit and helpfulness.

        Have the nicest of days, really.

        Nina

      • wrmspirit@aol.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
          Bandwidth doesn't discriminate between
          horse shit and helpfulness.

          Have the nicest of days, really.

          Nina

          The release of horse shit becomes helpful for a constipated horse who cares not that another may step in it.......For the fly it becomes attractive, for the shoe, a nuisance, for the earth, fertilizer...
        • sandeep
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
              <sandeepc@b...> wrote:

> [...]

              I'd probably give her a hug and tell her I don't have an answer.

              Nina
            • sandeep
              Message 6 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004

                From: "Nina" <
                murrkis@y...>
                <
                meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com>
                > > Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 06:25
                PM
                > > Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Sandeep's
                question

                > > > Have
                the nicest of days, really.

                > > > Nina
                > >

                > > Thank you Nina.
                > >
                > > Do
                you have anything to say for Pallavi?

                > I'd probably give her a
                hug and tell her I don't have an answer.

                > Nina

                Thank you.

              • Gene Poole
                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
                  >sandeep <sandeepc@b...> wrote:

                  > Deception,
                  >
                  > manipulations,
                  >
                  > modus-operandi,
                  >
                  > guilt,
                  >
                  > intentions,
                  >
                  > canniness deciphering through canniness,
                  >
                  > true compassion versus shame,
                  >
                  > needing a context to reply to a kid ....
                  >

                  > ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.
                  >

                  > The making of the presentation, the collection of the pictures, using the contrast
                  between an ice-cream and survival,....sure,... that is savy young mind at work.

                  > It is not a bewildered presentation.

                  No?

                  Think again, wise one.

                  On an email list, an esteemed person (you)
                  posts what is claimed to be a presentation
                  composed by a 12 YO girl; and this becomes
                  an issue in itself, which it should be.

                  Sandeep, what is going on with you? Do you
                  imagine that you can or do control how any
                  posting is received?

                  Do you imagine that responses which are at
                  variance with what you want to hear, are somehow
                  indicative of flaws or shortcomings in the respondent?

                  My comment was that I have no proof that this
                  PP was actually made by a 12 YO girl; and that is
                  still an issue for me. I have no proof that you have
                  'hugged her' as she experienced her perplexity.

                  Frankly, as seen from here, the issue of 'what you
                  (Sandeep) are up to, is an important one.

                  Are you trying to bring up in the reader, resonance
                  with the suffering of the endangered and deprived?

                  I am sorry to say, that no such effort is required in
                  my case. I am fully 'resonant' with the plight of the
                  suffering innocents of this world. I am 'sorry to say',
                  for the simple reason that I wish that I too were 'innocent';
                  but, it is too late for me. I may not be 'innocent' in the
                  same way as the putative suffering 12 YO girl, but neither
                  am I 'guilty' of causing her any suffering.

                  So what the hell is up with you, Sandeep? Where is your
                  usual 'doo be doo be doo' non-attachment. and why do
                  you now hold everyone to your unstated standards of
                  morality?

                  These are serious questions from me, Sandeep; please
                  let me know. Please post your answer here.

                  12YO girls... kittens, puppies, dead babies and ice cream;
                  are those REALLY the imagery which are relevant to a 12YO
                  girl, in a 3rd world country?

                  Thank you...

                  ==Gene Poole==
                • Onniko
                  Message 8 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004
                    <sandeepc@b...> wrote:
                    > Deception,
                    >
                    > manipulations,
                    >
                    > modus-operandi,
                    >
                    > guilt,
                    >
                    > intentions,
                    >
                    > canniness deciphering through canniness,
                    >
                    > true compassion versus shame,
                    >
                    > needing a context to reply to a kid ....
                    >

                    > ......all from a set of pictures put together by a kid.
                    >

                    > The making of the presentation, the collection of the pictures,
                    using the contrast between an ice-cream and survival,....sure,...
                    that is savy young mind at work.

                    > It is not a bewildered presentation.
                    >
                    > The bewilderment is in Pallavi seeing her world, as she sees
                    it, ..........where,........ in her words "if I am not asking for
                    someone else's ice-cream, why cannot I be left alive, unhurt and not
                    hungry, and with my Papa".

                    > Yes Jason, it was/is essentially for her,........ " Why has it to
                    be this way?"

                    > If anybody has an answer for Pallavi and you are moved to
                    articulate it,..........do so.

                    > The rest of the load of crap,............... just uses up band-
                    width.

                    > Thank you Melody
                    > Why am I not suprised that you, if at all you would
                    respond, ..........it would be to Pallavi....:-).

                    > Nina, what was my answer?
                    >
                    > Nothing.Or not in words.
                    >
                    > I just held Pallavi in my arms, till her sobs ceased.

                    *v* Oh? Are you saying that there is a real Pallavi which you
                    personally know and who was crying over the children who did
                    not have peace and creature comforts?

                    That surprizes me because I've seen many children around that age
                    who have made art of the public appeals variety and they were as far
                    from crying as is they were lying on the beach licking a
                    cone. Not to say they were callous, but rather that they
                    felt very good about what they did to help make everyone see
                    the injustice that they so recently learned to see.

                    Their feeling for the children they depicted was never sorrow,
                    but was in a way, more of a detached compassion for
                    something they felt the old people in power needed to
                    be reminded of. Those children would have seen a hug as
                    an insult to their intelligence, or a typical adult
                    brushing off of the 'poor sad little kid', a very patronizing
                    response to what they felt was their very insightful media efforts.

                    Actually, if there was a Pallavi who reads in here
                    I'd want to tell you that you did a great job in putting that
                    thought provolking public service announcement together. It
                    is artistically pleasing as well as remaining clear and to the
                    point while holding the interest of the viewer. The use of
                    the question was smart because it makes the viewer think,
                    whereas so often the authority method of script turns people
                    off. Nice presentation, Pallavi.
                  • sandeep
                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 3, 2004

                      saying that there is a real Pallavi which you
                      > personally know and who
                      was crying over the children who did
                      > not have peace and creature
                      comforts?

                      Yes.
                      And it is more about the consequences for children caught in war zones and conflict situation, rather than of endemic deprivations.

                      > That surprizes me because I've seen many
                      children around that age  who have made art of the public appeals variety and they >were as far  from crying as is they were lying on the beach licking a cone. Not to say they were callous, but rather that they

                      felt very good about what they did to help make everyone see the injustice that they so recently learned to see.

                      > Their feeling for the children they depicted was
                      never sorrow, but was in a way, more of a detached compassion for

                      something they felt the old people in power needed to be reminded of. Those children would have seen a hug as
                      > an insult to their intelligence, or a
                      typical adult brushing off of the 'poor sad little kid', a very patronizing
                      > response to what they felt was their very insightful media
                      efforts.

                      That indeed is also a typical response.

                      In this case, it was different.

                      > Actually, if there was a Pallavi who reads
                      in here
                      > I'd want to tell you that you did a great job in putting
                      that
                      > thought provolking public service announcement together. It

                      is artistically pleasing as well as remaining clear and to the
                      > point
                      while holding the interest of the viewer. The use of
                      > the question was
                      smart because it makes the viewer think,
                      > whereas so often the authority
                      method of script turns people
                      > off. Nice presentation,
                      Pallavi.

                      No Pallavi is not subbed to this List or any List for that matter.

                      I will convey your thoughts to her.