Re: Pallavi's question

  • carolina112900
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 2, 2004

      > > sentimental and is never the
      > > result of deft emotional
      > > manipulation.>>
      > >

      > > Oh Bruce....does there always have
      > > to be an agenda behind everything?
      > >
      > > Cannot any kind of 'world in opposites'
      > > situation simply be taken as another
      > > opportunity to see what arises, to
      > > question our own deeply embedded, deeply
      > > invested in beliefs?
      > >
      > > If guilt arises, it does.
      > > Look into that.
      > >
      > > If the impulse to curse Dubya Bush
      > > arises, look into that.
      > >
      > > If the impulse arises to look at
      > > what one is doing in their own life,
      > > look into that.
      > >
      > > What could be so bad?
      > >
      > > Everything in life has an opposite.
      > >
      > > ~~freyja
      >
      > Freyja, Sandeep's post is likely not
      > about 'what arises'. However, since he
      > is noticably silent, we may never know.
      > We are, however, playing out the 'puppet'
      > role admirably, by debating these things
      > in his absence. In essence, we are showing
      > him the 'ass' he probably expected to see.

      Oh boy, Nina, all these ideas about intentions
      and what a Sandeep is expecting!

      > I tend to side with Bruce, in that Pallavi
      > isn't so much bewildered, but making a point,
      > which she has 'figured out'. People don't
      > tend to put anything out in the world unless
      > they've 'figured it out' in some way. It may
      > be seen that this applies to Sandeep's post,
      > as well.

      If that is the reaction you have to it,
      then that is fine with me.

      I was just offering another take.

      I'm not looking to be right.

      > Have you ever spent much time taking in
      > 'performance art'? At some point, you realize
      > that your participation in it is merely to
      > show up and have a reaction. You play the
      > puppet role - moved by the performance art
      > as if it were the puppetmaster. That is what
      > 'art' is about - skillful manipulation. The
      > artist trains for years to learn how to
      > effectively produce reactions - whatever they
      > might be.

      Not much different than good ole'
      Madison Avenue marketing and advertising.
      That is an art, too.

      > Have you ever gone to such a performance
      > and not played along? The artist, and all the
      > puppets, get very upset. You might ask why
      > it is such a sin... not to play along.
      >
      > Nina

      I'm sorry, Nina, can you please clarify this
      last three sentences.

      Who is looking for who to play along with
      what here?

      ~~freyja
    • meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.co
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 8, 2009
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the meditationsocietyofamerica
        group.

        File : /illustration.pdf
        Uploaded by : mindgoal <jeff@...>
        Description : Hummingbird illustration