Re: Journal Entry - October 12 - tosime

    Message 1 of 99 , Oct 21, 2002
      "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
      > "Die before you die" - simulated moments before my death. What
      would
      go through my mind? Peace, no thought?

      Dear Tony and everyone,
      This brought to mind a very interesting meditation technique titled
      Death and How to Prepare For It. It can be found on our web site at:
      I think that it's safe to say that we're all going to die, and that
      it would be beneficial to use this reality as a wake up call. BTW,
      does anyone remember the movie "Little Big Man" starring Dustin
      Hoffman? It featured Chief Dan George, who said many times "Today's a
      good day to die". What a warrior attitude!
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....