Re: Good Question From Email

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2002
      > XXXX Wrote;
      > "Desire nothing. Be content with everything."
      >
      > This is a quote listed on your site (Meditation Station), and is
      taught in many books..
      If you have no desires then how can you want to help those
      > in suffering . And if you are content with everything than how are
      > you able to realise that suffering is not a good thing?

      I'm hoping others will answer this as they feel the urge to share
      their understanding,but for now, I would like to suggest that
      this is exactly the kind of question that is worth your
      meditating about. This would be a classic Jnana Yoga, the Yoga of
      Wisdom, meditation. So, since this came to your mind, I would suggest
      continuing thinking about it. I will give you a few "clues", that may
      possibly appear in your own mentations.....
      Can you really help others if you are caught up in your own (selfish
      by nature) desires, and is suffering "not a good thing", or is
      it an opportunity to learn (and gain the 2 most important spiritual
      aspects - humility and compassion)? I hope this helps.