Nasrudin Hits the Target

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2004
      A duke is hunting in a forest with his men-at-arms and
      servants when he comes upon a tree. Archery targets are
      painted all over it, and smack in the middle of each is
      an arrow.

      "Who is this incredibly fine archer?" cries the duke. "I
      must find him."
      After continuing through the forest for a few miles, he
      comes across Mullah Nasrudin carrying a bow and arrow.
      Nasrudin quickly boasted that it was he who shot the
      arrows plumb in the center of all the targets.
      "You didn't just walk up to the targets and hammer the
      arrows into the middle, did you?" asks the duke
      worriedly.

      "No my lord. I shot them from 100 paces. I swear it by
      all that I hold holy."
      "That is truly astonishing," says the duke. "I hereby
      admit you into my service and will honor you. But I must
      ask one favor in return. You must tell me how you came
      to be such an outstanding shot."

      "Well," said Nasrudin, "first I fire the arrow at the
      tree, and then I paint the target around it."