Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Comfort thingy

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      -----
      From: "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@...>
      > The human physical organism, and all life in general, is
      motivated to find comfort/security. All behavior is motivated by this
      need/drive, to find, maintain, and optimize comfort and/or the idea of
      comfort.
      -----

      Hello eveyone.

      The premise of this universal drive for comfort implies an equally
      universal experience of discomfort which creates, energizes the movement
      of that drive, does it not? If we were already fully comfortable there
      would be no motive force to support a behavioural drive towards comfort.

      - Doug.

      ___________________

      Sent by a member of the Mystic Village,
      the online Zen Meditation School.
      http://www.theMysticVillage.com
      ___________________
    • Bruce Morgen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        -----
        From: "jodyrrr" <jodyrrr@...>

        The human physical organism, and all life in general, is

        motivated to find comfort/security. All behavior is motivated by this
        need/drive, to find, maintain, and optimize comfort and/or the idea of
        comfort.
        -----

        Hello eveyone.

        The premise of this universal drive for comfort implies an equally
        universal experience of discomfort which creates, energizes the movement
        of that drive, does it not? If we were already fully comfortable there
        would be no motive force to support a behavioural drive towards comfort.

        - Doug.

        One of the interesting aspects
        of the human psyche is that it
        appears quite capable of