for Bruce - formatting? Re: [Meditation Society of America] Comfort Thingy

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
      <editor@j...> wrote:
      > I already use intentional hard
      carriage returns at the end of
      every line and the messages
      come back looking fine here --
      are you reading the list on
      the web? If so, Yahoo is the
      culprit and I'm not sure what
      I can do about it -- hmm, there
      is one thing, and if this one
      looks OK it's right thing. :-)

      Yep, I'm reading on the web.
      Odd, that the format of your
      posts changes, but I'll abide. :)

      Nina
    • tosime
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
        Hi Jody,

        Thanks for responding so well to so many replies to your comfort quest!

        I am not sure I understand some of the more philosophical remarks, so I
        might be repeating some of them here.

        We are an inseparable part of a greater universe which is a sort of
        closed system since nothing can be created or destroyed. Anything we do,
        like seeking comfort, is only a small part of a greater movement within
        the larger system. All we can really say is that our seeking comfort is
        part of a universal movement towards some "end" state.

        The usefulness of the comfort idea, I feel, should relate to the bigger
        picture since that is where we are going one way or another. In short, I
        don't see comfort as an end in itself, since it does not lead to the
        "end" state of the universe. What we can do is relate it to some greater
        universal truth which it points to.

        ...Tony