Re: [Meditation Society of America] Comfort Thingy

  • sandeep
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004

      From: "tosime" <tosime@...>
      Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 04:18 AM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Comfort Thingy

      > Hello Sandeep,
      >
      > Thanks for
      asking for the summary - that's exactly what I also needed.

      > And
      thanks Jody for the summary.

      > My humble view is that the
      comfort/security perspective is simply a
      > temporary manifestation of a
      greater universal movement. As we achieve
      > higher levels of
      comfort/security we find ourselves freer to learn new
      > truths about the
      world - this seeking of higher truths appears a more
      > fundamental
      movement, like evolution.

      Yes.
      The belief that  one has achieved "higher" levels of comfort/security, ......the belief that there are "newer" truths to be discovered, the belief that there is a discrete self to discover these "newer" and "higher" truths,.....

      .....all nuances of that one movement, in the moment.

      And not just ideations,.............but even the apparently substantive solid Universe and the elements that constitue the Universe,....
      nuances of different vibrational modes of that one movement.

      Some time back,.....a prattling........

      Notice, how different vibrating movements, throw up appearances of different wave-forms.

      There is no existential reality to the "wave-form", just the vibrating points on your PC screen.

      Now this depiction are various movements in the 2 dimensions of your PC screen.

      Imagine, infinite dimensions, and thus infinite modes of vibrating patterns,........throwing up Universes and elements making up Universes.

      It is thus pointed,...

      ... vibrating energy patterns,..

      ...a particular pattern, throws up, a fornicating cat on a tin-roof, ....another a meditating saint, while yet another, a regular Jane-in-an-organization,........

      ... a struggling ant, an exploding super-nova,..... the expanse of a Milky Way,......... a Lotus flower in a dirt pond.

      The Giant Stars, .......... a blade of  grass.

      Each and every manifest object with their varying characteristics, attributes, qualities, .........this entire phenomenality of which this Universe is one mere bubble.....

      ....."objective expressions" of Energy-in-movement.

      Just like the above wave-forms, are the particular objective expression of a particular mode of movement.

    • Nina
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
        <editor@j...> wrote:
        > I already use intentional hard
        carriage returns at the end of
        every line and the messages
        come back looking fine here --
        are you reading the list on
        the web? If so, Yahoo is the
        culprit and I'm not sure what
        I can do about it -- hmm, there
        is one thing, and if this one
        looks OK it's right thing. :-)

        Yep, I'm reading on the web.
        Odd, that the format of your
        posts changes, but I'll abide. :)

        Nina
      • tosime
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
          Hi Jody,

          Thanks for responding so well to so many replies to your comfort quest!

          I am not sure I understand some of the more philosophical remarks, so I
          might be repeating some of them here.

          We are an inseparable part of a greater universe which is a sort of
          closed system since nothing can be created or destroyed. Anything we do,
          like seeking comfort, is only a small part of a greater movement within
          the larger system. All we can really say is that our seeking comfort is
          part of a universal movement towards some "end" state.

          The usefulness of the comfort idea, I feel, should relate to the bigger
          picture since that is where we are going one way or another. In short, I
          don't see comfort as an end in itself, since it does not lead to the
          "end" state of the universe. What we can do is relate it to some greater
          universal truth which it points to.

          ...Tony