Re: Comfort Thingy

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tosime" <tosime@b...> wrote:
      > Hello Sandeep,
      >
      > Thanks for asking for the summary - that's exactly what I also needed.
      >
      > And thanks Jody for the summary.
      >
      > My humble view is that the comfort/security perspective is simply a
      > temporary manifestation of a greater universal movement. As we achieve
      > higher levels of comfort/security we find ourselves freer to learn new
      > truths about the world - this seeking of higher truths appears a more
      > fundamental movement, like evolution.

      Why do we seek higher truth? For comfort's sake.

      Learning and evolving is moving toward more efficient configurations for living,
      that is: finding, maintaining, and optimizing comfort.

      > May I thank all members here for such a wonderful year of sharing
      > knowledge and experiences.
      >
      > ...Tony

      Have a great year Tony.

      --jody.
    • sandeep
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004

        asking for the summary - that's exactly what I also needed.

        > And
        thanks Jody for the summary.

        > My humble view is that the
        comfort/security perspective is simply a
        > temporary manifestation of a
        greater universal movement. As we achieve
        > higher levels of
        comfort/security we find ourselves freer to learn new
        > truths about the
        world - this seeking of higher truths appears a more
        > fundamental
        movement, like evolution.

        Yes.
        The belief that  one has achieved "higher" levels of comfort/security, ......the belief that there are "newer" truths to be discovered, the belief that there is a discrete self to discover these "newer" and "higher" truths,.....

        .....all nuances of that one movement, in the moment.

        And not just ideations,.............but even the apparently substantive solid Universe and the elements that constitue the Universe,....
        nuances of different vibrational modes of that one movement.

        Some time back,.....a prattling........

        Notice, how different vibrating movements, throw up appearances of different wave-forms.

        There is no existential reality to the "wave-form", just the vibrating points on your PC screen.

        Now this depiction are various movements in the 2 dimensions of your PC screen.

        Imagine, infinite dimensions, and thus infinite modes of vibrating patterns,........throwing up Universes and elements making up Universes.

        It is thus pointed,...

        ... vibrating energy patterns,..

        ...a particular pattern, throws up, a fornicating cat on a tin-roof, ....another a meditating saint, while yet another, a regular Jane-in-an-organization,........

        ... a struggling ant, an exploding super-nova,..... the expanse of a Milky Way,......... a Lotus flower in a dirt pond.

        The Giant Stars, .......... a blade of  grass.

        Each and every manifest object with their varying characteristics, attributes, qualities, .........this entire phenomenality of which this Universe is one mere bubble.....

        ....."objective expressions" of Energy-in-movement.

        Just like the above wave-forms, are the particular objective expression of a particular mode of movement.

      • Nina
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
          <editor@j...> wrote:
          > I already use intentional hard
          carriage returns at the end of
          every line and the messages
          come back looking fine here --
          are you reading the list on
          the web? If so, Yahoo is the
          culprit and I'm not sure what
          I can do about it -- hmm, there
          is one thing, and if this one
          looks OK it's right thing. :-)

          Yep, I'm reading on the web.
          Odd, that the format of your
          posts changes, but I'll abide. :)

          Nina
        • tosime
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
            Hi Jody,

            Thanks for responding so well to so many replies to your comfort quest!

            I am not sure I understand some of the more philosophical remarks, so I
            might be repeating some of them here.

            We are an inseparable part of a greater universe which is a sort of
            closed system since nothing can be created or destroyed. Anything we do,
            like seeking comfort, is only a small part of a greater movement within
            the larger system. All we can really say is that our seeking comfort is
            part of a universal movement towards some "end" state.

            The usefulness of the comfort idea, I feel, should relate to the bigger
            picture since that is where we are going one way or another. In short, I
            don't see comfort as an end in itself, since it does not lead to the
            "end" state of the universe. What we can do is relate it to some greater
            universal truth which it points to.

            ...Tony