Comfort thingy

  • sandeep
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hiya Jody-san,

      Happy New year to you and all out here.

      Jody-san, much discussion on the comfort thingy.

      If you are moved to, could you possibly summarize what you are saying, as after some time, I gave up wading through the maze of posts.

      Thank you.

    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep <sandeepc@b...>
        wrote:
        > Hiya Jody-san,
        >
        > Happy New year to you and all out here.
        >
        > Jody-san, much discussion on the comfort thingy.
        >
        > If you are moved to, could you possibly summarize what you are saying, as after
        some time, I gave up wading through the maze of posts.

        > Thank you.

        Hey Sandeepji.

        Happy new year to you too.

        The human physical organism, and all life in general, is motivated to
        find comfort/security. All behavior is motivated by this need/drive,
        to find, maintain, and optimize comfort and/or the idea of comfort.
        In this way, a mother can throw herself in front of the speeding car
        to save her children. The safety of her children was where she found
        her comfort.

        Seeking comfort is the mother of all behavior, including the behavior
        to somehow transcend ourselves by 'becoming' realized.

        --jody.