Nasrudin on Comfort vs Survival

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2003
      "Well Nasrudin, what do you think?
      Can you see the possibility of comfort
      being our basic drive, or do you think
      it is survival, meaning or something else?"

      "I used to have an open mind", replied
      Nasrudin, "but my brains kept falling out."
    • DukeTheKnight
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2003
        that made me smile !
        but who's nasrudin anyway?

        "Well Nasrudin, what do you think?
        Can you see the possibility of comfort
        being our basic drive, or do you think
        it is survival, meaning or something else?"

        "I used to have an open mind", replied
        Nasrudin, "but my brains kept falling out."

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/OnSolB/TM

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Duke
        The King of Knights

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2003
          DukeTheKnight <dukef16cd@y...> wrote:
          > that made me smile !
          > but who's nasrudin anyway?

          Well, let's see if we can get Nasrudin to tell us........

          "Nasruddin is it really true you are the wisest man in the world."
          "So far it is true . . . but I have not yet met everyone . . . "

          Mullah are you a vegetarian?'
          'I am a vegetarian once removed'
          'Once removed?'
          'Yes . . . you see I only eat animals that are vegetarians . . .'

          "Nasrudin would you claim to be a humble man?" asked one of his
          buddies. The Beloved Mullah puffed his chest up and said,
          'Friends I am too humble to even contemplate the extent of my
          humility. However, I am sure I would be truly humbled by its depth."

          "Nasrudin how old are you?"
          "Well now let me see . . . that all depends . . ."
          "Depends on what Nasrudin?"
          "Well I wasn't born yesterday and I can not have been born tomorrow.
          So today must be my Birthday."

          "Mullah where would you most like to be?"
          "Well . . . " began Nasrudin thinking carefully, "Wherever I go my
          wife always says I have been somewhere else. Is there a place for
          which nowhere else is possible?"

          Once Nasrudin worked in a large corporation. One day he was invited to
          a big meeting with all the supervisors in the company. At the
          beginning of the meeting each person there was required to present him
          or herself and something about him or herself to the others present.
          "Hi, I'm John Smith", said one, "and I supervise two people".
          "Hello, my name is Mary Jones", said another, "and I supervise five
          people."
          Each person at the meeting took his turn presenting themselves and
          over and over again, each ended up saying their name and how many
          people they supervised.
          Then came Nasrudin's turn.
          "My name is Nasrudin", he said, "and I supervise three people..."
          Everyone in the room looked at each other perplexed. "How could this
          man say he supervises three people? He isn't even a supervisor in this
          company.", they thought.
          Nasrudin continued, "...me, myself, and I."

          "Nasrudin, are you famous?"
          "Well, you may term me a well known anonymous"

          Well, I hope this gives you a little taste of Mullah Nasrudin, the
          wisest idiot of them all.