Famous Dead Guys Found Meaning

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 24, 2003
      When Buddha sat under the Bodhi tree, he found 'meaning', and
      comfort/discomfort and power/impotence no longer were considerations.
      All his ???'s were turned into !!! Similarly, Jesus in the desert,
      Moses on Mt. Sinai, and Mohammad as he ascended the 7 heavens all
      found 'meaning'. And their Understanding was very similar in the
      regard that they all came out with pretty much the same message to
      humankind ... Be good, do good and all the universe's power will back
      you up, and from that connection, you will know infinite comfort.
      OK - so you know what I mean, right?

      And if you need more "proof", let's examine the words and actions of
      a living wise man, St. Homer. This week, when he was threatened with
      a "whipping" by a violent guy, he looked within and thought "Ummmm
      whipped cream" and visualized eating a giant pile of delicious
      dessert, and he smiled. So, in a way, it really comes down
      to "intent" and the perspective we see things from. If you want to
      see comfort as having meaning, or power as comfort causing, or
      meaning as power, or eating as the antidote to fear, and so on, I get
      your meaning and am comfortable with that:-) But it seems to me that
      those who have gone before us have found 'meaning' to be the
      kickstarter to functional pointings for others.
    • texasbg2000
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 24, 2003
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > When Buddha sat under the Bodhi tree, he found 'meaning', and
        > comfort/discomfort and power/impotence no longer were
        considerations.
        > All his ???'s were turned into !!! Similarly, Jesus in the desert,
        > Moses on Mt. Sinai, and Mohammad as he ascended the 7 heavens all
        > found 'meaning'. And their Understanding was very similar in the
        > regard that they all came out with pretty much the same message to
        > humankind ... Be good, do good and all the universe's power will
        back
        > you up, and from that connection, you will know infinite comfort.
        > OK - so you know what I mean, right?
        >
        > And if you need more "proof", let's examine the words and actions
        of
        > a living wise man, St. Homer. This week, when he was threatened
        with
        > a "whipping" by a violent guy, he looked within and thought "Ummmm
        > whipped cream" and visualized eating a giant pile of delicious
        > dessert, and he smiled. So, in a way, it really comes down
        > to "intent" and the perspective we see things from. If you want to
        > see comfort as having meaning, or power as comfort causing, or
        > meaning as power, or eating as the antidote to fear, and so on, I
        get
        > your meaning and am comfortable with that:-) But it seems to me
        that
        > those who have gone before us have found 'meaning' to be the
        > kickstarter to functional pointings for others.
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob

        Under the quiet demeanor, Sri Bob Ji is an inspired writer.
        Love
        Etc.
      • DukeTheKnight
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 24, 2003
          Beautiful.....
          well, i have a question... i've heard that "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear..".
          i was wondering.... when and how exactly do i know that im ready...?and ready for what exactly? is it self-realization, nervana, kundalini awakening......
          i've been asking many many many questions lately.... mostly to myself
          i still didnt get or "understand" the answers !
           thank you

[...]

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/OnSolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Duke
          The King of Knights

          Do you Yahoo!?

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 24, 2003
            DukeTheKnight <dukef16cd@y...> wrote:
            > Beautiful.....
            > well, i have a question... i've heard that "when the student is
            ready, the teacher will appear..".
            > i was wondering.... when and how exactly do i know that im
            ready...?and ready for what exactly? is it self-realization, nervana,
            kundalini awakening......
            > i've been asking many many many questions lately.... mostly to myself
            > i still didnt get or "understand" the answers !
            > thank you

            snip

            > Duke
            > The King of Knights

            Dear Duke,
            I'm sure lots of our group members can feel empathy for you and with
            what you're going through. I guess you've officially come to the "I
            know I don't know" stage, and that's usually considered a very good
            thing. But it seems to seem to you that there's nothing you can do to
            help yourself, and you're hoping that someone will throw you a
            lifeline, right? And to quote St. Dylan, "Somethings happening and you
            don't know what it is". Well, I think that what's going on is
            analagous to don Juan's admonition to Carlos Castanada, "Infinity is
            stalking you". And here's where preparation comes in (to face It's
            onslaught). Do you meditate, read "holy" books, practice breath
            control, mindfulness, martial arts, etc.? None of these things may
            really have a cause and effect effect, but if you see those who seem
            to have guessed the secret word and won $100 (got "Enlightened"),
            virtually all of them have at some time been involved in some
            discipline or other of consciousness evolution potential. Personally,
            I'm biased towards meditation and self enquiry, and acknowledge that
            there are many way to do these things. If you check out the links on
            our site, Meditation Station http://www.meditationsociety.com you will
            find many sites that are sharing real wisdom pointings. Similarly,
            just by checking the posts on this and other similar groups that deal
            with "Realization", you will be able to follow and join in on an
            ongoing meditation on what you seek to know, so as to end your seeking
            and begin your knowing. And perhaps the teacher you seek will be
            coming to you in the form and format of pixels on a screen. It sure
            seems to be the cutting edge 21st century thing to do. In any event,
            I'm glad you are here now, and please know that now you have a place
            to ask the questions that you have been just asking yourself. But of
            course, the old cliche about being careful about what you ask for
            because you just might get it certainly applies to posting here and on
            most of the lists dealing with spiritual concepts, or whatever you
            want to call what we (sometimes) do here. In any event, I wish you well.
          • dukef16cd
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 25, 2003
              may the all the peace comes down from heaven give you a hug :)

              well, i meditate,and i practice bearth control almost daily
              (twice)... im also reading the Holt Qu'uran these days and lots
              of "web pages" taling about spiritual evolution. But still im not
              there yet.

              In your post you said "But it seems to seem to you that there's
              nothing you can do to
              help yourself, and you're hoping that someone will throw you a
              lifeline, right?".. well, thats like 95% correct, the other 5% is
              doubt... stuff like "is that really what i want?"... "is that really
              what i love?"...."Who will teach me?and how's it going to be?Where?
              When?How?"....
              I believe in God and im confident that his guidance will always be
              with me. The real problem is that...sometimes i tend to forget
              that!...fear and doubt gets into my heart. Its like a sine wave
              where your faith level is going up-down. You want to fly high in the
              sky of love, peace, bliss, and faith....but, always, you get pulled
              down by earthly materials. See, I dont want that, I desire to fly, i
              just couldn't fly long enough !.

              One other thing that i would like to share with you, i've been
              experiencing it for 2 months,its that i can feel it, i can know
              whether god is with me or not. It is very strange, but sometimes i
              can feel god is with me in the same room, when that happens i feel
              serene, loved, and safe. But this presence of god in my life is not
              24/7 :) i would say it happens mostly when i start thinking how
              great his creatures are, how complex his universe is specially when
              thinking about the stars. Have you experienced such thing? if yes
              plz tell me what exactly is happening!?.

              merry chirstmas everyone... :)
              take care
              duke
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 25, 2003
                Duke <dukef16cd@y...> wrote:

                > may the all the peace comes down from heaven give you a hug :)
                >
                > well, i meditate,and i practice bearth control almost daily
                > (twice)... im also reading the Holt Qu'uran these days and lots
                > of "web pages" taling about spiritual evolution. But still im not
                > there yet.

                Well, it can be said that you are what you seek to Be, but haven't had
                this understanding become an ongoing process.

                > In your post you said "But it seems to seem to you that there's
                > nothing you can do to
                > help yourself, and you're hoping that someone will throw you a
                > lifeline, right?".. well, thats like 95% correct, the other 5% is
                > doubt... stuff like "is that really what i want?"... "is that really
                > what i love?"...."Who will teach me?and how's it going to be?Where?
                > When?How?"....

                This is very good! This is Self-enquiry, and is one of the paths that
                lead to the end of needing paths.

                > I believe in God and im confident that his guidance will always be
                > with me. The real problem is that...sometimes i tend to forget
                > that!...fear and doubt gets into my heart. Its like a sine wave
                > where your faith level is going up-down. You want to fly high in the
                > sky of love, peace, bliss, and faith....but, always, you get pulled
                > down by earthly materials. See, I dont want that, I desire to fly, i
                > just couldn't fly long enough !.

                Yes, this is comfort-seeking, and one of the ways Sri Jodyji has
                pointed out that we hope to achieve comfort is demonstrated in our
                desire "to fly high in the sky of love, peace, bliss, and faith,,,"

                > One other thing that i would like to share with you, i've been
                > experiencing it for 2 months,its that i can feel it, i can know
                > whether god is with me or not. It is very strange, but sometimes i
                > can feel god is with me in the same room, when that happens i feel
                > serene, loved, and safe. But this presence of god in my life is not
                > 24/7 :)

                Well, actually, It is. What isn't, is our Realization experientially
                of It in every moment and movement.

                > i would say it happens mostly when i start thinking how
                > great his creatures are, how complex his universe is specially when
                > thinking about the stars. Have you experienced such thing? if yes
                > plz tell me what exactly is happening!?.

                I think we all have experienced this. And these moments are when
                seeing the world ends being awful, and is appreciated as being
                awe-full. These glimpses of the divine, eternal, infinite, etc. are
                excellent motivators to persevere in our quest to know the Truth. And,
                a burning desire for liberation/truth/enlightenment/etc. is one of the
                so-called requirements for consciousness evolution. So, I don't see a
                problem here, and as a matter of fact, I think you owe yourself a pat
                on your spiritual back, as you seem to be right on track.

                > merry chirstmas everyone... :)
                > take care
                > duke

                Happy holidays, holydays, everydays:-)