Hi

  • DaNiEl
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 22, 2003
      Hi everyone, can you guys post some exercises you use to go in a
      trance state?
      Thanks
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "DaNiEl"
        <xcrazy_colombianx@y...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone, can you guys post some exercises you use to go in a
        > trance state?
        > Thanks

        Dear Daniel,
        By "trance state", I'm assuming that you are referring to a meditative
        state. Scientifically, this is called an alpha state, and is one that
        can actually be recognized by an EEG test (the one where they wire
        your head, and track your brain waves), as well as PET scans, and
        other "real" methods. An even deeper state, Theta, is also a
        meditative state, and is often a creative one, as well as a serenity
        filled one, as is the Alpha state. I think the majority of the
        hundreds of millions of meditators in the world use a mantra
        technique, which is the repetition of a word or phrase, and the most
        common one of these is OM. But there are many people who watch their
        breath, and many who ponder esoteric questions such as "Who am I?",
        and others who achieve their meditative states by being mindful of the
        present moment. And there are many more ways. As a matter of fact,
        there is no way to say for sure which would be the one that works best
        for you without trying some and eventually seeing that one feels right
        and consistantly is a doorway for you to these higher states of
        consciousness. Our web site, Meditation Station,
        http://www.meditationsociety.com is a good place to find the answer to
        your own question for yourself. There is a good beginners section, and
        the "how-to's" of many techniques. Similarly, there are many Concepts
        of meditation that themselves can lead to meditative states. In a way,
        virtually any way that stops your mind chatter will empty you in a way
        that allows the universe to fill you with its splender, bliss, and
        wisdom. And actually, it may be most appropriate to say that this ends
        the "trance" that we are usually in:-). BTW, I noticed that your bio
        says that you are 13. Unless this is in dog years, I feel that you are
        most fortunate to be looking at meditation at such a young age.
        Personally, I think these stress releaving methods should be taught
        from kindergarten on up, but I assure you that you are not too "over
        the hill" to benefit greatly for the rest of your life from starting
        your knowledge seeking now. I wish you well.
      • DaNiEl
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2003
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "DaNiEl"
          > <xcrazy_colombianx@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi everyone, can you guys post some exercises you use to go in a
          > > trance state?
          > > Thanks
          >
          > Dear Daniel,
          > By "trance state", I'm assuming that you are referring to a
          meditative
          > state. Scientifically, this is called an alpha state, and is one
          that
          > can actually be recognized by an EEG test (the one where they wire
          > your head, and track your brain waves), as well as PET scans, and
          > other "real" methods. An even deeper state, Theta, is also a
          > meditative state, and is often a creative one, as well as a serenity
          > filled one, as is the Alpha state. I think the majority of the
          > hundreds of millions of meditators in the world use a mantra
          > technique, which is the repetition of a word or phrase, and the most
          > common one of these is OM. But there are many people who watch their
          > breath, and many who ponder esoteric questions such as "Who am I?",
          > and others who achieve their meditative states by being mindful of
          the
          > present moment. And there are many more ways. As a matter of fact,
          > there is no way to say for sure which would be the one that works
          best
          > for you without trying some and eventually seeing that one feels
          right
          > and consistantly is a doorway for you to these higher states of
          > consciousness. Our web site, Meditation Station,
          > http://www.meditationsociety.com is a good place to find the answer
          > your own question for yourself. There is a good beginners section,
          and
          > the "how-to's" of many techniques. Similarly, there are many
          Concepts
          > of meditation that themselves can lead to meditative states. In a
          way,
          > virtually any way that stops your mind chatter will empty you in a
          way
          > that allows the universe to fill you with its splender, bliss, and
          > wisdom. And actually, it may be most appropriate to say that this
          ends
          > the "trance" that we are usually in:-). BTW, I noticed that your bio
          > says that you are 13. Unless this is in dog years, I feel that you
          are
          > most fortunate to be looking at meditation at such a young age.
          > Personally, I think these stress releaving methods should be taught
          > from kindergarten on up, but I assure you that you are not too "over
          > the hill" to benefit greatly for the rest of your life from starting
          > your knowledge seeking now. I wish you well.
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

          I am actually 14 and i love meditating. Right now i am learning how
          to have Out Of Body Exeriences or Astral Projection.
          All day i research about meditation, dreams and of course Astral
          Projection!

          Bye

          Daniel
        • DaNiEl