Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda's Birthday

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2003
      Swamiji was born December 22, 1914. His wisdom and encouragement has
      had a great influence on thousands of seekers all over the world, and
      certainly on the activities of the Meditation Society of America. His
      life is an excellent example to follow as we attempt to serve as he
      did - with compassion, love, and selflessness in the sharing of
      consciousness evolving concepts and techniques. There are now several
      sites that honor him, such as the page on the Divine Life Society's
      site http://www.sivanandadlshq.org/saints/satchidananda.htm , and of
      course on his own Ashrams site, http://www.yogaville.org There is
      also a new site just being constructed that offers a way to chant Om
      Shanti with him. Doing this, I'm confident that it will take you very
      little time to achieve a meditative state that is at one with the
      Universal Peace that is this mantra. The URL is:
      http://swamisatchidananda.org
      One of the potentially very beneficial things that we have available
      to us now, in the 21st century, is the ability to see, hear, and learn
      from videos of some of the great saints who we share the earth with.
      There are dozens (probably hundreds) of them of Swami Satchidananda.
      When you check out the www.yogaville.org site, there will be
      information on how to get them. These are tools that will give you a
      great opportunity to accelerate your meditative learning curve. In any
      event, Swamiji's birthday is a great time to reevaluate how our own
      incarnation is going, and look at how we can become wiser, happier,
      healthier, and more peace-full.