Re: palate meditation

  • rabar94114
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2002
      "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
      > Hi Graham,
      > Great question. I think Ramon is the expert on palet meditation...

      Tony, I ain't no expert - just someone doing the cross-country
      tango. I liked very much what you and Bob wrote on the tongue/
      palate technique. Personally, I had not run across Master Chia's
      exercises, although I have several of his books, took one of
      his workshops last summer, and respect his Taoist approach.
      Graham, you should describe in greaer detail just what you are
      doing. Where do you press your tongue, with what part of it, and
      for how long?
      I've been experimenting with various tongue placements for
      some months - and then mentioned this to a friend who has been
      doing Zen meditation for 40 years. "Oh yes," she said. "We always
      place the tip of the tongue behind the upper front teeth."
      I personally find creating a light vacuum between the top of
      tongue and the palate very helpful. For more information, you
      can read my essay 'Poohbear's Advice To Eeyore on De-Gloomification"
      that I'll upload right now to the files area in .pdf and .rtf versions.
      I'm offering on a 'love-it' trial basis (if you love it, send
      me a love offering), to mail a Donkey Gruntler as described in
      the essay to anyone who sends me their snail mail address.
      Beams and Grandma Poohbear's Good Graciousness,
      Ramon

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2002
        Ramon "rabar94114" <rabar@m...>
        wrote:
        > "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > > Hi Graham,
        > > Great question. I think Ramon is the expert on palet meditation...
        >
        > Tony, I ain't no expert - just someone doing the cross-country
        > tango. I liked very much what you and Bob wrote on the tongue/
        > palate technique. Personally, I had not run across Master Chia's
        > exercises, although I have several of his books, took one of
        > his workshops last summer, and respect his Taoist approach.
        > Graham, you should describe in greaer detail just what you are
        > doing. Where do you press your tongue, with what part of it, and
        > for how long?
        > I've been experimenting with various tongue placements for
        > some months - and then mentioned this to a friend who has been
        > doing Zen meditation for 40 years. "Oh yes," she said. "We always
        > place the tip of the tongue behind the upper front teeth."
        > I personally find creating a light vacuum between the top of
        > tongue and the palate very helpful. For more information, you
        > can read my essay 'Poohbear's Advice To Eeyore on De-Gloomification"
        > that I'll upload right now to the files area in .pdf and .rtf
        versions.
        > I'm offering on a 'love-it' trial basis (if you love it, send
        > me a love offering), to mail a Donkey Gruntler as described in
        > the essay to anyone who sends me their snail mail address.
        > Beams and Grandma Poohbear's Good Graciousness,
        > Ramon

        Dear Ramon,
        I read the files and loved the graphic and chant. I've enjoyed your
        Poohing before and now again. Your techniques are very unique and I'm
        glad you've made them available via the files. So what I'm gathering
        is that the Donkey Gruntler is an actual physical devise. Right?
        Well, thanks for the kind offer. Our mailing address is:
        Meditation Society of America
        PO Box 13
        Gradyville, PA 19039
        You're wonder-full and wonderfully consistant in your upfull
        bliss-sharing attitude and altitude, and I give thanks and praise for
        it.
      • franksidebottom_uk
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 13, 2002
          Hey!

          Emm well what I find is that I cant do it very long because my
          toungue gets sore.I was told that it helps you conquer all fears even
          death.I only thought that the toungue had to touch the palate to help
          you concentrate on that area and that it was concentrating on that
          area that counts.

          I dont know much about chi but thanks for the recomendation I'm
          obvioulsy interested in experiencing these states but I'd like to
          read about them aswell.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/