Answer and Question from Email

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2002
      xxxxxx wrote:
      Yeah post it if u want!

      >Bob Rose, President,
      >Meditation Society of America
      >PS: Would you mind if I reposted this Q and A on the message board
      >(without your name or email address, if you prefer)? I think perhaps
      it may be of interest to others. Thanks!

      >xxxxxx wrote:
      > > Hi!
      > > I'm enjoying reading your site right now to see different
      meditation techniques.My favourite technique for emptying my mind is
      to watch my thoughts.This totally clears my mind.Is this an actual
      meditation but because I read that meditation is to focus the mind on
      one thing only whereas I am not really thinking about anything?

      >Dear xxxxxx,
      >Oh yeah, you're doing one of the most classic forms of meditation.
      >If you are watching your thoughts, that itself meets the criteria you
      >cite as "focus the mind on one thing only"
      >You may want to check out this meditation (that deals with this in a
      >way): http://www.meditationsociety.com/week3.html
      >And you might also benefit from this one:
      >http://www.meditationsociety.com/week1.html
      >It is intended to let your "no-mind' continue when not formally
      sitting in meditation. But, if what you are already doing "works" IE:
      brings you peace, it's right for you.
      ...snip...