Meditation Journals

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2002
      Thanks Bob,

      Can I add a few points:

      Keeping a journal helps to you to sustain a regular meditation practice.
      The act of writing stimulates your mind to a deeper understanding of what
      you are writing - many new insights arise.
      Posting a journal here develops a deeper connection between us as members of
      this group - When I read Eve's journals I feel a deepening connection on a
      spiritual level.
      When you read someone's journal entry, it can trigger an insight during your
      own meditation.

      Some suggestions:

      Use any format you wish.
      Include anything of interest to you.
      Feel free to ask questions during your entry.
      Feel free to ask questions on other entries.
      Feel free to comment on any entry.
      Try starting in a very simple way.

      ...Tony

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2003
        Question: What is the influence on meditation of keeping and
        sharing a meditation journal?

        What a good question! A long time ago, I kept journals and they did do something and it was a good thing they did but I can't place exactly what it was. Maybe, it is somehow related to the way the athlete is said to improve what he does just by going over it in his mind.

        -

        Thank you for your comment.
        <snip>

        Overall my sense is that, in the long run, it probably does not matter since you will still get to where you are going eventually.

        Where is it one is  going?

        What I might do is pay less attention to the observing role and let the ship sail more freely.

        Is the ship ever not sailing freely?

        Do you Yahoo!?