Re: An experiment in 24x7 meditation

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 197 , Jan 16, 2002
      That sounds excellent. It is often hard to
      "remember" to keep our thoughts in the present moment.
      Having something to bring you back to reality throughout
      the day is great. Next, try not wearing watch at all.
      The time is always now! Of coarse, watches are
      helpful if you have to keep an appointment. :) Seriously,
      it is good to have something to remind you to be in
      the now. Other good times for this is while you are
      going to the bathroom and eating. A good meditaion to
      do to help you see how "in the now" you have been
      throughout the day is the "Review of the day" meditation.
      I'm not sure if it's listed on the meditation website
      or not. But basically, you review your day in your
      mind's eye, starting form when you opened your eyes in
      the morning. You go through all your events,
      remembering every detail. It's always interesting to see how
      much you remember and how conscious you were, or
      weren't, throughout the day. It's also excellent for
      seeing all your habitual behavior.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: