Journal Entry - October 08 - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Oct 8, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: October 08
      Time: 08:35 a.m.
      Duration: 43 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - Two candles
      - Incense
      - Essential Oil - (Bergamot+water on burner)
      - Bell
      Pre-session: Sip of water
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: None.
      Experience: Very Good Session.

      Result: Smooth session - going with the flow.

      Entered session feeling very good. Good day yesterday and I slept well.

      Meditation went very smoothly. Reminded myself to go with the flow - no
      experiments, simply enjoy the ride.

      Encountered solutions to some of the problems I have on 2 projects I am
      working on.

      Began to see that the solutions were in me already. What I had to do was not
      try to work them out logically but simply open myself to seeing the solution
      I already have. The logical route implies effort against resistance. The
      intuitive route implies relaxation and openness.

      Felt some healing activity in my lower back. Felt some movement as if I was
      being gently manipulated. Had to resist the desire to help the process.

      Very good session, very satisfying.
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....